QSC PLX3602 Lightweight Power Amplifier
Purchase a PLX Series Amplifier from AMS and Recieve QSC's
The QSC PLX3602 Lightweight Power Amplifier is capable of up to 3600 watts of power yet weighs a mere 21 pounds. The PLX3602 is part of the QSC PLX2 series, a range of premium quality, high-power amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine light weight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power ratings up to 3600 watts, the QSC PLX3602 Lightweight Power Amplifier is capable of providing plenty of clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
after registering your product at QSC.com
Two ways to get PLX2 performance
The PLX 02
models (PLX1802, PLX2502, PLX3102 and PLX3602) are the right choice for users who need to drive up to four loudspeakers from each amplifier channel (2 ohm loading), or when extremely high power bridge mono operation is required. These models feature built-in subwoofer processing, filter switches, and front panel indications of bridge mono status.
QSC PLX2 Series Features
- Compact light weight design (21 lbs/9.5 kg)
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool.
- Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged
- Front panel LED (power, clip, -10 dB, bridge/parallel and signal indicators
- Speakon NL4 and binding post outputs
- Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors (loop-through operation support)
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending
- 100 Hz high pass and low pass filters for bi-amping without an external crossover
- Switchable/defeatable 33 Hz infrasonic filters protect from over-excursion damage
- Switchable/defeatable clip limiters
- Power rating up to 3600 watts bridged @ 4 ohms
PLX2 series amplifiers have the refined, rugged good looks usually associated with high performance racing cars, competition bikes, professional power tools, and high power machinery. A solid, cast-aluminum front panel adds professional style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
Additional mechanical touches such as the side stiffening rails, rear rack ears and cable tie anchor points attest to QSC's years of experience and attention to detail. QSC has even designed the integrated front handles so the amplifier slides into a rack without scraping the installers fingers on the rack sides. The exterior appearance of PLX2 amplifiers conveys what's inside, simply and truly, 13 to 21 pounds of the most advanced professional power amp on the planet.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lbs/9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter-weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 60 energy pulses per second. The PowerLight supply delivers 100,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier's output section. The power supply doesn't sag
so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 audio power circuitry achieves performance normally associated with studio reference amplifiers. In order to reduce crossover distortion, precision bias tracking makes minute adjustments as amplifier temperature changes. The benefit is cleaner high-frequency and more consistent sound no matter how hard the amplifier is driven. The higher power models use QSC-exclusive class H output circuitry, a form of audio turbocharging
that increases maximum power without affecting the basic audio quality.