- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
Perfectly suited for a wide range of sound reinforcement applications including professional touring, performing musicians, and mobile entertainers, the RMX 5050 Power Amplifier
is optimized to deliver high levels of sustained power, extraordinary audio performance and road-proven reliability.
Like its smaller sibling (the RMX 4050HD), the RMX 5050 features a three-tier, Class H design. The RMX 5050 is extremely efficient at real world power levels. Less AC current is wasted and more goes into producing useful audio power. The RMX 5050 uses the best available component upgrades to increase peak power by 25% over the RMX 4050HD. Like all RMX amps, the RMX 5050 features balanced 1/4 inch TRS, XLR and barrier strip inputs, binding posts and Neutrik Speakon outputs, front-mounted gain controls, plus signal and clip LED indicators to monitor performance.
Purchase an RMX Series Amplifier from AMS and Receive QSC's
after registering your product at QSC.com
- The new flagship of the RMX line, the RMX 5050 provides extremely high power and represents tremendous value
- The RMX 5050 provides advanced thermal performance, delivering higher continuous power in 2-ohms stereo or 4-ohms bridged applications
- Dual mono, high current power supply for increased reliability and performance
- 3RU chassis only 16 inches deep
- Professional quality performance - incorporates road-proven QSC designs
- High-current toroidal transformers for greater two-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- Balanced 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs for maximum flexibility
- Binding post and Neutrik Speakon outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and Clip LED indicators to monitor performance
- Requires 20 amp circuit, ships with 20 amp cordset
- 3-year warranty.
The new RMX Series amplifiers give you clean, dynamic power with the legendary QSC sound quality and reliability that pros depend on. We combined our rugged high output designs with the latest circuit technology to deliver unmatched performance at a new breakthrough price.
Muscular Power Plant
The power supply is the heart of an amplifier, converting raw AC power from the wall to clean DC for the audio circuitry. The RMX uses a powerful high-current toroidal transformer and ample filter capacitance to ensure generous energy reserves. This makes a critical difference in sound quality, allowing the amp to effortlessly punch out high level transients, even when driving abusive 2-ohm speaker loads.
RMX amplifiers deliver true studio-quality sound. A full complementary output circuit using the highest-grade linear output devices delivers ultra-low distortion (<0.05% THD) & a ruler-flat frequency response. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling us to pack up to 2400 watts of power in a chassis only 2 rack spaces & less than 16 inches deep. And unlike other designs, RMX output devices are direct-mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling & cooling.
The RMX Series is packed full of professional features that increase performance and flexibility:
- Independent defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion without sacrificing peak performance
- Selectable low-frequency filters boost system response, protect speakers and ensure low-end tightness by more precisely matching the amplifier's range to the loudspeakers
- Barrier strip, XLR and 1/4 inch balanced inputs plus Speakon and binding post outputs provide easy connections
- Low-noise variable speed fans with rear-to-front air flow keep amplifiers and racks cool
Stereo Mode (both channels driven)
- 8 ohms (FTC 20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.1% THD): 1050 Watts Continuous Average Output Power Per Channel
- 4 ohms (FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.1% THD): 1600 Watts Continuous Average Output Power Per Channel
- 2 ohms (FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.1% THD): 2000 Watts Continuous Average Output Power Per Channel
- 8 ohms EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD): 1100 Watts Continuous Average Output Power Per Channel
- 4 ohms EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD): 1800 Watts Continuous Average Output Power Per Channel
- 2 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 1% THD): 2500 Watts Continuous Average Output Power Per Channel
- 8 ohms (FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.1% THD): 3200 Watts
- 8 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD): 3600 Watts
- 4 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 1% THD): 5000 Watts
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM): Less than 0.02%
- Distortion (typical):
- 20 Hz-20 kHz: 10 dB below rated power Less than 0.02%
- 1 kHz and below: full rated power Less than 0.02%
- Frequency Response:
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 8 ohms, LF filter bypassed, +0/-1 dB
- 5 Hz to 50 kHz, 8 ohms, LF filter bypassed, +0/-3 dB
- Damping Factor: Greater than 250 @ 8 Ohms
- Noise (unweighted): 100 dB below rated output (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 8Ohms load)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.42 Vrms for 1050 watts into 8 Ohms
- Front Panel: AC power switch, Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 gain control
- Rear Panel: 10-pole DIP switch featuring LF filter on/off, LF filter 30/50 Hz, Clip Limiter on/off controls for each channel, Switches for selecting Stereo, Parallel, or Bridge mode, Push-button circuit breaker for each channel
- Voltage Gain: 64x (36 dB) for 8Ohms load
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Power-On: Green LED
- Protect: Red LED
- Signal -30dB: Yellow LED
- Clip: Red LED
- Input: XLR female, each channel
- TRS (1/4-inch), each channel
- Barrier-strip screw terminals, each channel
- Output: Binding posts and Speakon outputs (Ch. 1 Speakon wired for biamp)
- Cooling: Continuously variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Amplifier Protection:
- Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, and RF protection
- Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, DC fault output crowbar
- Power Requirements: 100,120 or 240 Volts AC (±10%) 50-60 Hz (factory configured) 120V models require
20 Amp,120V service and are supplied with a NEMA 5-20 plug on the cordset
- Dimensions: 19.0 inches (48.3 cm) wide, 5.25 inches (13.3 cm) tall, 15.9 inches (40.39 cm) overall depth
- Weight: 75 pounds (34.02 kg) net, 87 pounds (39.46 kg) shipping
RMX 4050HD/5050 Manual581 KBEasy Payments! Limited Time!
|8 Easy Payments! Limited Time!|
No Special Credit Card Application - 0% Interest! Your credit card will be billed in 8 equal payments, every 31 days, starting on the day your order is shipped. 8 Payment plan will need credit approval. Applies to new items only.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.
oracio valencia from corcoran ca
|this is the bes product
|Would you consider this product to be made well? How dependable?
|yes is dependable
|What do you consider to be the best features of this product? What features would you add to this product if you could?
|can used on 2 oms brigst
|Ease of Use
|How easy is this product to use? How easy is the product to use with other products? Did it take long for you to learn to use this product? Was the manual helpful? How playable do you consider this product to be?
|How is the tone?
|sound all spect
|Your general opinion of this product.
|the best on the top