The Radial J33 is a high quality combination turntable (phono) preamp and direct box that offers a choice of balanced mic-level and -10dB consumer line-level outputs.
The J33 allows a 33-RPM record player to be connected directly to a professional mixing console or mic preamplifier. This makes the Radial J33 ideal for use in studio for re-recording, sampling and archiving, while offering DJs an improved interface for recording scratch and remix performances over typical DJ mixers or other stand-alone turntable preamps. For maximum flexibility, the Radial J33 is equipped with a rumble filter to eliminate low-frequency resonance and may be powered with remote 48Volt phantom or local external DC supply.
Radial J33 Turntable DI Features
- Stereo RCA inputs
- Stereo RCA, 1/4-inch TRS and 3.5mm outputs
- Balanced mic level XLR outputs
- Low frequency rumble filter
- Choice of 48V phantom or DC supply
The Radial J33 is a simple device that allows long-playing record players to interface with today's ever-improving professional audio world.
The Radial J33 addresses the need with a high-quality RIAA equalized stereo preamp that allows the 33-RPM record player to connect to the professional balanced inputs of mixing console or studio microphone preamplifier. For instance, using the J33, a recording can now be 'processed' through a tube mic-pre or compressor for added character and easily transferred to a professional digital format for further digital processing such as eliminating noise, clicks and hiss from the original recording.
With the Radial J33, it is now possible to at once elevate the recording quality and simplify the process of archiving.
The J33 Phono DI follows the Radial tradition of combining stellar audio performance with a flexible feature set and rugged enclosure. Look inside a J33 and you will find the build quality and components to be of only the highest professional standards. Radial's proven construction methods and materials ensure years of trouble-free service.
J33 Input and Output Panels
- Ground - Turntable ground lug to reduce noise and buzz. Knurled knob provides an easy-to-use and reliable solid bond.
- Filter - low frequency rumble filter to reduce resonant feedback at high sound pressure levels. Works from 100Hz and rolls off to -15dB at 80Hz.
- Power - LEDS light individually when J33 is deriving power from XLR phantom-power or both at once when powered from external power supply.
- 1/4-inch TRS and 3.5mm stereo output connectors: -10dB high-impedance line-level for hookup to computer sound cards and laptops.
- Output left & right RCA connectors: -10dB high-impedance for consumer audio devices such as hi-fi receiver AUX or CD input.
- Phono input from turntable - RIAA equalized. Use in conjunction with turnable ground lug connection.
- Bookend design creates a protected zone around connectors and makes the J33 practical for high-use environments such as pro touring.
- No-slip rubberized pad provides mechanical and electrical isolation, keeps the J33 from sliding around.
- Right & Left Outputs - 600-Ohm mic-level balanced XLR outputs- AES standard with Pin-1 ground and Pin-2 hot.
- 15VDC Input jack for use with the J33's external power supply. Phantom-powering is also available through mic XLR.
The J33 is designed to withstand the rigors of high-use professional environments! Radial's innovative book end design provides a protective zone around the switches and connectors that keeps these components safe. Stress on circuitboards causes broken and intermittent solder joints, a common cause of failure in commercial rental and other high-use environments. Radial's 14-gauge welded I-beam inner chassis and 14-gauge outer shell greatly reduce the possibility of torque stresses being applied to the PC board.
A full-bottom no-slip rubber pad works double duty by (a) providing protection from electrical shock and (b) assuring that the J33 won’t slip and slide around.