Radial J48 and X Amp ReAmping Kit with Case
The Radial J48 and X Amp ReAmping Kit will give you access to the creative world of Re-Amplification!
Record your guitars or keyboards with the J48 active DI, then send your recorded tracks out through the X Amp to different amps and effects. Radial's ReAmping Kit includes an X Amp and a J48 packed in a protective Zebracase Z12 and 9 Volt power supply.
Radial X AMP
The Radial X Amp is an active re-amper that allows a track from a multi-track recorder to be played through a guitar amplifier (or amplifiers) and re-recorded. Players and engineers can experiment with different combinations of amps and effect pedals long after the original performance has been recorded to build the thickest and chunkiest guitar tracks. The X Amp handles level and impedance conversion with an active Class A circuit which reproduces all the tones and inflections of the original performance. X Amp drives guitar amps as if the player was still plugged into it!
X Amp accepts a balanced +4dB line-level signal and outputs two unbalanced instrument level signals that can connect to effect pedals and amps. To prevent ground loops between the recorder and the amps, the input features a ground lift. X Amp allows simultaneous use of two amps. The second amp output is buffered to prevent signal loss, transformer-isolated to eliminate hum caused by ground loops and features a polarity reverse to align out-of-phase amps. The output level control and clip LED aid in setting levels quickly and saves you many trips back and forth between the mixer and amps. Finally, the X Amp is packaged in an innovative and tough 14 gauge steel welded I-beam enclosure that makes it impossible to torque the PC board.
Radial X Amp Features
- 100% Class-A circuit yields amazing clarity
- Overload LED helps monitor input levels
- Dual outputs drive two amps or pedal chains
- Polarity reverse corrects phase between amps
- Out-2 is transformer-isolated to eliminate ground loops
- Active level control to set perfect levels for your amp
- Line-level to instrument level conversion
- Interfaces recording gear with amps & pedals
- Re-amp your way to fat sounding tracks
- Use during basic tracks, over-dubs and mixing
- Active design reproduces original performance
- Tweak amp and pedal sound AFTER recording
- Reduces player fatigue and repetition
- Amplify acoustic instrument without feedback
- Run 2 amps without hum or buzz
Re-amping with X Amp is fun and allows engineers to perfect guitar tracks with options not possible during a typical fast ’n furious tracking session. The X Amp makes the re-amping process easy and it’s ultra-high audio quality yields excellent results.
The Radial J48 direct box is the world’s finest phantom-powered active DI. It has been optimized to handle extreme transients using only the 5 milliamps of available current from typical 48-Volt phantom power. The J48 features a unique digital switch-mode power supply that steps up the internal rail voltage to an amazing 9-Volts. Most battery-powered guitars and basses are active and will produce as much as 7-Volts when played at maximum volume. Since typical direct boxes are only able to handle about 3 volts, they choke. The trouble is caused when the input signal is greater than the internal rail voltage. This creates all types of distortion: bass sounds thin and lacks punch, guitars sound scratchy and tend to have sporadic peaks, and they lose their natural body resonance.
Radial J48 Features
- Superior dynamic headroom
- High input impedance reduces loading
- Merge switch sums stereo instruments to mono
- Low-cut filter, -15 dB PAD, and polarity reverse
- Provides extra reach and air in your sound!
- Ideal for active acoustic guitars and basses
- Great for keyboards and drum modules
- Equally wonderful for live or studio
- Huge 9-Volt internal rail voltage for extra headroom
- Handles loud transients without choking or clipping
- No batteries required, works with phantom-power
- 3 year transferable warranty
Because the J48 has more horse-power
(current to work with), it is able to handle these transients without choking. This extra headroom significantly reduces harmonic, phase and inter-modulation distortion. And when you fix all of the problems, a funny thing occurs... you get great sound!