The Red Witch Pentavocal Tremolo is a revolutionary pedal with five different voices to choose from.
Since the fifties the concept of tremolo has changed very little. Controls for Speed, Depth, Volume and Waveshape have been the parameters available for adjustment, untill now. You can select the frequency response by turning the rotary selector to the desired setting. From a delicate, shimmery, flutter trem to a pulsy low end throb they're all there. The Pentavocal trem can certainly also do the classic sound of a vintage valve trem and then soooo much more.
Red Witch Pentavocal Tremolo Controls
- Velocity - This dial allows you to select the speed of the tremolo. From Super Slow to Super Fast.
- Depth - Allows you to control the depth of the effected sound.
- Volume - Select from zero output to well above unity gain - this enables you to never be faced with the heinous volume drop that many trem pedals have when they're providing really deep tremming.
- Bottom - The Bottom control allows the user to dial in the amount of mid range and hi frequency cut that occurs as the volume decreases in the trem cycle.
Simply put; Turn the bottom control all the way to the left and the volume just increases and decreases as per a normal trem, but set it all the way to the right and you’ll find that as the volume decreases all of the hi end and midrange disappears.
You can of course dial in as little or as much of this effect as you like. Turning the Bottom control fully clockwise whilst having the depth fully clockwise also allows you to access an asymmetrical wave which sounds incredibly pretty at high velocity.
- Voicing - A five way rotary switch that lets you choose from 5 differently voiced tremolo settings.
- Tremulate Footswitch - Bring the effect into the the signal path by clicking this one. Truebypass switching.
- Wave Footswitch - Allows you to jump from a lovely smooth tremolo over to a hard square chop by simply depressing your foot.
- Power - The Pentavocal trem can be powered from either a nine volt battery or an optional external nine volt adapter (Boss PSA styled is ideal - though anything with a 2.1mm barrel plug with a negative center pin is fine). This pedal uses some
sneaky circuitry to lift the internal voltage up to 17 regulated volts - the benefit of
this is far greater headroom.
The Tremolo comes finished in vintage pearl with emerald text. An emerald green LED pulses along with the tremolo when the effect is engaged. All components are top notch; Switchcraft jacks, alpha pots, through hole double sided circuit boards etc. What more could you want?