Rivera RockCrusher Recording Power Attenuator
The Rivera RockCrusher Recording Power Attenuator is the only all analog Power attenuator and load box that features an 11-band EQ for endless flexibility in tone for direct recording or sending a direct signal to the Front of house! The RockCrusher Recording's now legendary attenuator section is a reactive and inductive load that allows your amp to be cranked up a full volumes giving great output stage tone at any volume without tone loss often associated with other attenuators in the past.
Rivera outfits the RockCrusher Recording with an 11-band EQ that can mimic most guitar speakers and mic's giving your direct signal a natural analog cabinet tone! The pad switches can pad your amps line out signal if it's too hot. The Level meter gives you the visual so you can reduce any unwanted clipping. Record your favorite tube amp without a speaker safely! The RockCrusher Recording is great for home studios and stages where loud volumes are not wanted.
Rivera RockCrusher Recording Power Attenuator Features
- Superior natural tone balance at any level
- Selectable 8- and 16-ohm capability
- Handles 120 watts of tube power with ease
- Reactive internal network for true amplifier/load interaction
- Immense thermal capacity ensures cool running and long life
- Tight impedance tolerances
- XLR and unbalanced line outputs with level control
- Low- and high-frequency equalization selection
- Load box and attenuator function up to 120W RMS capacity
- Enormous and robust internal components
- Full bypass capability with no insertion loss
- Edge and Warm switches allow you to beef it up at super-low levels
- 11 Band EQ section ranging from 75Hz-4K
- 3 switches allow you to bypass the EQ and adjust the input level
- Levels Meter shows input power or Line out
- Huge high-power selector switch with over-sized silver-plated contacts ensure maximum reliability and no intermittent signal loss
- Studio Level control allows for apartment volume levels
Not only can you use the Rivera RockCrusher Recording as a load box and cab emulator, you can also use its power attenuation section just like the standard RockCrusher. The Rockcrusher has quickly become the most recognized transparent power attenuator and here is why: Maintaining the natural amp tone is the challenge for all power attentuators. However, Rivera built into the RockCrusher a reactive load network for proper speaker-amplifier interaction. The Rock Crusher ensures that the amp and speaker see each other in a proper relationship of impedance and inductive/capacitive reactance.
Rivera also built in features that ensure the RockCrusher Recording is easy to use both onstage and in the studio. For ‘bypass on the fly,’ which lets you use the amp with a speaker cabinet when full output level is desired, Rivera included a front-panel full bypass switch that removes the load entirely. When low speaker volume is desired, there is a Studio position of the Attenuator Level Selector that enables the Studio Level control to adjust from low to quiet output--perfect for home, project, and studio recording.
Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4 inch phone jacks with a convenient front-panel level control allow interfacing with practically any audio equipment. Two Speaker jacks allow easy connection with up to two speaker enclosures.