- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Roland CD-2u SD/CD Portable Digital Recorder
makes it easy to capture high quality recordings and put them straight to a CD! The built-in stereo mic allows you to easily make high quality recordings with no additional equipment needed, but there are high quality mic preamps and instrument inputs when you want to use external mics or instruments. The Roland CD-2u also features many training tools for lessons and practice, including audio playback, key and speed adjustment, improved Center Cancel, and the all-new Center Focus.
Essentials such as a chromatic tuner and metronome are included as well. Ultra-compact and easy to use, the Roland CD-2u digital recorder is the perfect solution for playing, recording, and CD burning in a convenient mobile package!
Roland CD-2u SD/CD Portable Digital Recorder Features
- Easy CD/SD recording and CD burning in an all-in-one mobile device
- High-quality stereo microphone and speaker system built in
- Records direct to CD-R/RW discs or SD/SDHC memory card
- Simple interface with Easy Guide function
- Multiple inputs for connecting external devices-two XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power; Plug In Power mic jack; stereo RCA LINE IN jacks
- Independent adjustment of playback speed and key, with improved audio quality over previous designs
- Enhanced Center Cancel function; new Center Focus isolates vocals and instruments for learning
- Built-in tuner and metronome
- Runs on included AC adaptor or six AA batteries (AC adaptor required for CD playback/recording)
- Wireless remote control included
With its compact size and ability to run on battery power, the Roland CD-2u can go anywhere you go, giving you everything you need to record, edit, play, and burn in one standalone recorder. The built-in stereo mic makes audio capture easy, while high-performance stereo speakers provide convenient sound playback of your recordings as well as commercial CDs, lesson material, and more.
Simple, Intuitive Operation
The CD-2u records to readily available SD/SDHC cards, and can also record directly to CD-R and CD-RW discs when using AC power. Thanks to the Easy Guide feature, the Roland CD-2u is incredibly simple for anyone to operate, with clear onscreen instructions that guide you every step of the way. Easy Guide covers not only recording functions, but also CD backup, creating minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke, setting proper input levels, and other operations.
Connect External Mics and Other Devices
While it’s designed for pro results as a standalone unit, the CD-2u recorder also provides connections to integrate external devices for various applications. Two XLR/TRS combo jacks allow you to connect your own mics (with phantom power available if needed). There’s also a stereo mini-mic jack with Plug In Power, plus stereo RCA LINE IN jacks for connecting an instrument, music player, or other audio sources.
Your Education and Practice Partner
The Roland CD-2u is packed with useful tools not only for developing music skills, but also other applications such as learning languages, transcribing spoken-word audio, and more. You can independently adjust the speed and key with exceptional audio quality, perfect for slowing down passages to learn difficult parts or changing the key of music to match your voice. Use A-B Repeat to play audio sections over and over, and turn on Center Cancel to create minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke fun. The Center Focus feature isolates center-located sounds in music tracks to make them easier to hear and learn.
Roland CD-2u SD/CD Portable Digital Recorder Specifications
- Tracks: 2 tracks (stereo)
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Recording Mode SD/SDHC Memory Card: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits) CD-R, CD-RW: Audio CD
- Recording Media: SD Memory Card (supports 512 MB to 2 GB) SDHC Memory Card (supports 4 GB to 16 GB) CD-R CD-RW
- Recording Songs: Up to 99 songs on a single SD/SDHC Memory Card, CD-R, or CD-RW
- Audio Input: Internal Stereo Microphones Internal Stereo Microphones EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: XLR type (balanced/phantom power DC 48 V, 8 mA Max.), 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced/unbalanced) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: Stereo miniature phone type LINE IN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 dB/-2 dB)
- Nominal Input Level: EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: -51 to -8 dBu (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: -51 to -13 dBu LINE IN (L, R) jacks: -24 to -4 dBu
- Input Impedance: EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: 8 k ohms (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack : 20 k ohms LINE IN (L, R) jacks: 9 k ohms
- Output Impedance: LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: 1 k ohm PHONES jack: 32 ohms
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Power Supply: AC adaptor Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (HR6) x 6
- Current Draw: 1000 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual Quick Start Remote controller (with battery CR2025) AC adaptor Power cord SD memory card SD card protector CD-R Disc (Blank media)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11 x 7 3/4 x 2 3/16 inches
- Weight: 3lbs 2oz
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.