- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
With over one million Cube amps sold and going strong, Roland continues to push the envelope with innovative amp technology and design.
The latest addition to the top-selling Cube amp family is the Cube XL series. Second only in size and power to the flagship Cube 80XL, the Cube 40XL is compact enough to grab and go, yet powerful enough for serious stage and studio work. The Cube 40XL provides 40 watts of power through a 10" high-performance custom speaker. There are discrete, footswitchable channels — JC Clean and Lead — with Solo settings for each. Ten COSM amp models are onboard, including the new Extreme, and eight effects to choose from, including the new Heavy Octave and COSM vintage Spring Reverb, plus an 80-second Phrase Looper.
Roland Cube 40XL Guitar Amp Features
- 40 watt guitar amp with 10" high-performance speaker
- Three footswitchable channels, including JC Clean, Lead, and Solo with memory capability
- 10 COSM amp models, including the new Extreme amp
- Eight effects, including the new Heavy Octave and COSM vintage Spring Reverb
- 80-second Phrase Looper built in
- Power Squeezer for full gain at low volume
- Hands-free channel switching via footswitch (sold separately)
The Cube 40XL houses a killer collection of COSM amp models. With the twist of a knob, you can choose instantly from an authentic and awe-inspiring collection, including Tweed, Brit Combo, Black Panel, Classic Stack, R-Fier, Acoustic Simulator, and the new Extreme. It’s like having 11 coveted amps in one!
Switch instantly between Lead and JC Clean channels, and activate Solo settings for each. Channels on the Cube 40XL can be selected manually from the control panel or via footswitch (Boss FS series, optional). When it’s time to shine onstage, activate the Solo mode — complete with dedicate Volume knob and memory for storing your favorite sound setups for the Lead and JC Clean channels.
EFX & Looper
High-quality Roland/Boss effects are built into the Cube 40XL. Choose from a variety of reverbs, delays, and more, plus the new Heavy Octave for massive bottom end, and activate the Power Squeezer for achieving full-gain tone at low volumes. Also onboard is a sound-on-sound Looper for creating impressive layers of sound and dazzling solos on the spot. Up to 80 seconds of audio can be captured and looped.
Composite Object Sound Modeling (COSM) is Roland’s innovative and powerful sound-modeling technology. COSM analyzes the many factors that make up the original sound, such as the electrical and physical characteristics of the original, and then produces a digital model that can reproduce the same sound. In designing the Cube 40XL, Roland meticulously analyzed and modeled array of world-class amps and effects to bring you the versatile and authentic tone palette that these amps provide.
Roland Cube 40XL Guitar Amp Specifications
- Rated Power Output: 40 watts
- Nominal Input Level:
- INPUT: -10 dBu/1 M ohm
- AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Speaker: 10 inches
- Controls: Power Switch, Select Switch, Tuner Switch, Power Squeezer Switch
- JC CLEAN Channel: Volume Knob
- LEAD Channel: Type Switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, BLACK PANEL, BRIT COMBO, TWEED, CLASSIC STACK, METAL STACK, R-FIER STACK, EXTREME, DYNA AMP), Gain Knob, Volume Knob
- SOLO: On/Off, Memory Switch, Volume Knob
- EQ: Bass, Middle, Treble Knobs
- EFX: EFX Knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE)
- DELAY/LOOPER: Rec/Play/Dub Switch, Tap/Stop Switch, Delay/Looper Knob
- Reverb: Reverb Knob (SPRING, PLATE)
- Indicators: JC CLEAN Channel, LEAD Channel, Tuner, Solo, EFX, Delay/Looper, Rec/Play/Dub, Reverb, Power Squeezer
- Input Jack (1/4" phone type)
- AUX In Jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
- Recording Out/Phones Jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type)
- Footswitch Jack: (Tip: SELECT, Ring: SOLO) (1/4" TRS phone type)
- Footswitch Jack (Tip: EFX, Ring: REVERB) (1/4" TRS phone type)
- Footswitch Jack (Tip: DELAY/REC/PLAY/DUB, Ring: TAP/STOP) (1/4" TRS phone type)
- Power Consumption: 43 W
- Included Accessories: Owner's Manual
- Optional Footswitches: Boss FS 5L, FS 5U, FS 6
- Dimensions(WxDxH): 15-3/16 x 10-7/16 x 15-3/16 inches
- Weight: 22 lbs 1 oz
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.
Mark from Havertown Pa, firstname.lastname@example.org