Roland set out to completely reimagine the music workstation to provide players of any style with a powerful keyboard with an ultra-fast workflow. The FA-06 61-key synth workstation is the result of their research and delivers with impressive sounds and features! Roland loads the keyboard with a massive sound collection inherited from the INTEGRA-7, a wide range of studio-quality effects, plus onboard sampling with zero load time for instant audio playback from the 16 backlit pads. The sequencer features non-stop loop recording to capture songs and ideas and export them as multitrack data to use with your DAW.
Roland FA-06 61-Key Synth Workstation Keyboard Features
No Work, All Play
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximize your creative flow
- Light, mobile body with 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums
- Add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland’s Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly
- Export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX, and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large color LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-06 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
In developing the FA series, Roland has completely reimagined the music workstation to provide musicians an inspiring platform that’s extremely powerful and versatile, yet simple and intuitive at the same time. With a streamlined interface and focused, practical features that maximize your creative flow, the FA-06 allows you to experience newfound freedom to deeply explore and develop your musical ideas with less effort.
Perform and Record with Roland’s Very Best Sounds
Filled with over 2000 tones inherited from the INTEGRA-7, Roland’s flagship pro sound module, the FA-06 delivers in this area and then some. All of the INTEGRA-7’s SuperNATURAL synth and XV-5080 PCM tones are onboard, plus an essential collection of ultra-expressive SuperNATURAL acoustic tones that includes pianos, organs, drums, bass, strings, and more. The FA-06’s sound engine is fully compatible with the large, growing collection of INTEGRA-7 synth tones available as free downloads from Roland’s Axial sound library site.
Capture Ideas and Create Songs Without Interruption
The FA-06’s intuitive 16-track sequencer has been designed to let you capture your inspiration as it happens—recording is always just a simple button press away. In a flash, you can build a full arrangement with the FA-06’s huge array of sounds, and with continuous recording in loop mode, you’re able to fill up all 16 tracks without ever stopping!
In addition to real-time capture, step recording is also possible, and you have complete control to edit and mix your tracks as you go and save your song to an SDHC card as a stereo audio file. It’s also possible to export your tracks as individual WAV audio files and/or MIDI data for further development in your DAW, making the FA-06 a powerful sketchpad for capturing initial sparks that will form the basis for your full-scale computer music productions.
Seamless Hardware Integration with Your DAW
The Roland FA-06 transitions into your computer-based music production world with ease. A simple press of the dedicated DAW Control button instantly sets up the FA-06 to communicate with your computer via USB, letting you use the keyboard and knobs to send MIDI data to your DAW for playing software synths, controlling plug-in effects, and more.
The FA-06 also includes control maps for popular DAWs, providing a quick and easy setup to control transport functions and more in your specific software. You can even use the FA-06 as a USB audio interface to record a variety of different sources directly into your DAW, including a mic, guitar, or stereo line level device connected to the FA-06’s rear-panel input jacks. Sound output is also supported, allowing you to monitor the DAW output through the stereo output and headphones jacks on the FA-06.
Instant-Access Performance Sampler Onboard
Based on Roland’s mega-popular SP-404SX, the sampler in the FA series keyboard features fun, fast, hands-on operation and sampling/playback via SDHC cards. You can play audio samples directly from the 16 pads on the FA-06 panel, making it easy to incorporate loops, backing tracks, one-shots, vocal phrases, sound FX, and more. Thanks to SDHC flash memory, your samples load instantly, and you can use the four pad banks and clipboard function to rearrange your samples.
It’s super-easy to sample the FA-06 synth’s own sounds or external sources via the Mic/Guitar and Line inputs, and you can even play WAV, AIFF, or MP3 samples that you’ve transferred from your computer. A variety of editing features allow you to tweak your samples to taste, including quick adjustment of playback position and level. The pads can also be used for functions such as muting parts, entering numeric values in the display, and more.
Enhance Your Sounds with a Wide Range Effects
With its large selection of pro effects, the FA-06 provides numerous options for polishing your sounds and sequencer tracks to studio-level perfection. Independent MFX engines are available for all 16 parts of a Studio Set. Each MFX engine contains 67 different effects types to choose from, with an additional option of a vocoder when MFX are used with Part 1.
Six separate COMP+EQ processors are dedicated for individual drum sounds, while global EQ, chorus, and reverb are on tap to add a finishing touch to any of your parts as needed. With the unique TFX, you can process the entire output of the FA-06 with dramatic effects such as DJ FX Looper, Isolator, and many others. All the effects can be tweaked in real time via the Sound Modify knobs, making it simple to enhance your keyboard playing, sampling, and sequencer tracks with dynamic sonic textures.
Fast Workflow and Intuitive Real-Time Control
The panel of the Roland FA-06 is logically organized into dedicated sections, and the large color LCD presents a gorgeous look with inviting hi-res graphics for selecting tones, working with the sequencer, and adjusting various settings. It’s easy to navigate through the FA-06’s large sound selection by category and assign favorites for fast recall, while dedicated buttons deliver instant access to often-used functions such as transpose, octave range, and many others.