Roland GR55 Guitar Synthesizer
Groundbreaking features, the Roland GR55 guitar synthesizer ushers in a new era of sound, power, and performance. In terms of speed, it's the fastest ever. Plus the GR55 is the most accurate, thanks to newly developed pitch-detection technology. As for sound, the triple-core generator houses a world-class array of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synth voices, enabling tones and textures that have never been heard before. Onstage or in the studio, you can instantly access the GR55's huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond, with quick-access category buttons.
Roland GR55 Guitar Synthesizer Features
New Sound Possibilities
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modeling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modeling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper
- GR55 is a MIDI controller that connects to other instruments and software
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK3 Divided Pickup
The GR55's powerful triple-core engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones each powered by the latest Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modeling, featuring a virtual treasure trove of guitar, bass, amp, and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique, revolutionary sounds. The Metal Synth Lead preset, for example, combines two types of thick, brilliant synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone for incredible punch and power.
Thanks to Roland's decades of research and dedication to guitar synthesizers and powerful new pitch detection technology, the GR55 is far and away the fastest guitar synth ever. Furthermore, the COSM guitar-modeling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR55 to respond instantly and exactly as you play. The GR55 detects pitch, velocity, and behavior for unprecedented response to your performance.
Get ready to rock and fast! The GR55 puts you instantly in touch with a huge library of amazing sounds, no editing required. The onboard lineup of ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) takes the pain out of the process, with simple category buttons for finding the perfect sound fast. Choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and beyond, and kick-start your song or jam with unique, powerful sounds that will turn heads and raise fists.
Easy to Use
If you're new to the world of technology, fear not. The GR55 is powerful yet extremely friendly. For customizing sounds, the EZ Edit feature (made famous in the GT10) and large LCD takes the guesswork out of the process. And for those who want to go deep, the GR55 offers a huge array of controllable parameters. Pros will appreciate the power of the GR55, while beginners will love how quick and easy the unit is to operate.
The GR55 conveniently bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its two USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used for MIDI/Audio data communication; the side-panel port is dedicated to real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR55 provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.