Roland Integra 7 SuperNatural Sound Module
The incredible Roland Integra 7 SuperNatural Sound Module gives musicians a gold mine of the latest SuperNATURAL sounds in a fast-access, fully stocked 16-part module! This powerhouse rack comprises a collection of Roland’s best sounds from flagship keyboards and V-Drums modules, plus the complete lineup from the legacy SRX library.
The Integra 7 module also introduces a new technology called Motional Surround, a 17-part ambience engine that lets you graphically control the distance and position of each part within 360-degree sound field. With the immense power of the Roland Integra 7, you can create amazingly realistic and detailed orchestral arrangements, immersive, spatial sounds, and beyond.
Roland Integra 7 SuperNatural Sound Module Features
SuperNatural-Powered Music Production
- Flagship synth module with over 6,000 sounds built in
- The latest SuperNATURAL sounds with enhanced Behavior Modeling technology for expressive acoustic instruments and accurate reproduction of performance articulations
- Powerful SuperNATURAL synth engine with fat analog synth models and vintage filter types
- Dynamic SuperNATURAL drum engine with natural tonal change derived from Roland V-Drums
- Producer’s must-have SRX Expansion sound library built in; all 12 SRX titles included
- Dedicated multi-effects and EQ for each part (16 parts), plus dedicated COMP+EQ (use six simultaneously) for drums and ambience parameters for SuperNATURAL drum kits
- Innovative 17-part Motional Surround ambience engine for stereo, headphone, and 5.1-channel output
- Integra 7 Editor for iPad and Motional Surround VSTi Editor for Sonar software
The core of the Integra 7 is its SuperNatural sounds with Behavior Modeling technology. SuperNatural not only mirrors the sounds of acoustic instruments, it also simulate the behavior of instruments when they’re played. With SuperNatural, sounds come to life under your fingers. Whether used in acoustic or electronic domains, the Roland Integra 7 sound module puts a world of expressive sound in your hands.
Go deep inside the programming engine and customize your own sounds, or let the Integra 7 do it all for you. With so many great sounds onboard, and with the Roland Integra 7 organic response to how you play your keyboard/controller, you’ll experience a new level of realism and effortless expression.
SuperNatural Acoustic Tones
Here are a few examples of the SuperNATURAL acoustic sounds onboard the Roland Integra 7, and their realistic behavioral actions.
- Grand Piano: This gorgeous grand provides smooth, seamless tonal changes from soft to hard keystrokes, and natural decay with no looping. The notes fade beautifully and organically. You can adjust a variety of parameters to customize the sound.
- Electric Piano: Recreations of legendary EPs are onboard, including ’68 Reed, ’73 Stage, ’78 Pure, ’76 Tine, and ’81 Tine. These expressive pianos feature realistic key-off noise and dedicated effects, including a newly created phaser.
- Guitar: Reproduce chord fingerings, strumming, and melodic performances of steel-, nylon-, and 12-string guitars, as well as Flamenco guitars, ukulele, and mandolin. The Integra 7 also contains several electric guitar models, including a single-coil Strat, and even an amp simulators such as the Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus, stack amps, and more. Electric guitar techniques such as the Jazz octave phrase can also be performed easily.
- Strings: Pitches transition naturally from note to note when playing tied legato-style melody lines. Effortlessly realize portamento, pizzicato, staccato, and tremolo techniques that are unique to instruments such as violin, viola, cello, and double bass.
- Brass: The Integra 7 faithfully reproduces the dynamic changes of tone colors unique to brass instruments - including the over-blowing technique of a saxophone, and the distinctive pitch-bend behavior of a French horn. Perform staccato, fall, and growl techniques with stunning realism.
- Ethnic Instruments: Instruments from around the globe are onboard, such as the Shakuhachi (Japan) with authentic pitch and tonal fluctuations caused by breath amount, Erhu (China) with the distinctive pitch bend when transitioning from note to note, Sitar (India) with realistic string resonance, and Kalimba (Africa) with unique vibrating noise of the board and tines. The built-in ExSN1 (Expansion SuperNATURAL) Ethnic sound pack can be loaded into a virtual slot for more sounds.
The Roland Integra 7 is loaded with SuperNATURAL synth tones that meticulously recreate the fat sound of beloved vintage synthesizers, their expressive filters, and unique envelope behaviors. Hundreds of PCM waveforms are onboard as well, providing a treasure trove of classic digital-synth sounds prevalent in the ’80s and ’90s. You can even edit the sounds intuitively on an iPad with the dedicated editor app.
SuperNATURAL Drums and SFX
In addition to the expressive acoustic tones and full-blown synth engine under the hood of the Integra 7, you’ll find a SuperNatural drum engine derived from Roland V-Drums. Thanks to Behavior Modeling Technology, the Integra 7 sound module can groove like a real drummer. Drum kits respond smoothly and naturally to velocity, with seamless tonal transitions from soft to loud.
Play fast drum fills that don’t sound like fake machine-gun fire, and create fluid snare, tom, and cymbal rolls with real-time control of their speed and volume via mod lever. The drum engine even has its own ambience effect, plus six COMP+EQ sets, which you can apply to the drum instruments individually.
The SFX kits offer a variety of stunningly realistic sounds, such as car crash, door slam, footsteps, birds, river, and more. Great for film scoring, some of the effects offer real-time control. For example, using the mod lever, you can realistically control the sound of a virtual audience (the amount of clapping and cheering) or the sound of an ocean tide, rain, and wind.
Essential Legacy Sounds Onboard
With the Integra 7, a ‘greatest hits’ collection of previous Roland synths is built in. All of the sounds from the XV-5080 are on board, plus all 12 titles from the SRX Expansion libraries, including SRX-05 Supreme Dance with essential electro sounds from vintage TR-808 and -909 drum machines, SRX-06 Complete Orchestra with a huge collection of orchestral instruments and dramatic sound-effects, and SRX-09 World Collection that’s like an audio encyclopedia of ethnic instruments.
The Integra 7 is equipped with four virtual expansion slots, which can be used to load four SRX libraries simultaneously. With all of these classic sounds instantly available, plus a new stockpile of enhanced SuperNATURAL sounds, the Integra 7 brings the past, present, and future together in one convenient instrument!
Notes: Since the Roland Integra 7 uses the latest MFX engine, the onboard SRX expansion libraries will not sound identical to previous sound modules and synthesizers. The Integra 7 cannot load data from the XV-5080.
The Integra 7 introduces a new era of spatial sound design. Motional Surround - derived from Roland’s proprietary RSS (Roland Sound Space) technology - lets you control not only the left/right panning of sounds, but also their depth, even placing them behind you! A solo instrument can be placed nearby, for example, while the backing or percussion instruments can be placed at a distance, thus creating a sound field with natural width and depth. Great for orchestral simulations.
This exciting sound processing can also be applied to external audio; connect an audio player or instrument to the Integra 7’s inputs and immerse it in Motional Surround. Adjust the parameters in real time via MIDI, as well as with the dedicated iPad app or VSTi plug-in editor for DAWs such as Sonar. You can even record Motional Surround movements in Sonar for automated playback. Motional Surround supports two-channel output for use with two speakers or headphones as well as 5.1 surround for maximum impact with 5 speakers and a subwoofer.
The hardware design of the Integra 7 is stylish and sturdy. Housed in a rugged metal chassis, it’s beautifully designed and built to withstand decades of use, whether in a studio or a touring road rack. The Roland Integra 7’s internal components are premium grade, including high-quality, low-noise D/A converters. It’s also equipped with dedicated effects engines, so you don’t have to worry about CPU load; each of the 16 parts can have their own MFX and EQ, rather than sharing the same effects for all parts.
Across the Integra 7’s front panel are dedicated buttons for accessing sounds and effects quickly, plus a large value dial surrounded by navigation keys. The LCD is easy to see, and you can adjust its contrast and brightness to suit the viewing angle and lighting conditions. On the rear panel is an array of versatile connectors, including stereo XLR outputs, eight individual 1/4-inch phone outs, a digital (coaxial) output, MIDI in/out/thru, and a USB port that supports audio streaming at rates up to 24-bit/96 kHz. For convenience and flexibility, input jacks are provided on both the rear and front panels.
Cool Features and Add-Ons
The Integra 7 module is packed with innovative and powerful features, including a Tone Finder wizard that organizes the 6,000-plus onboard sounds into logical categories for quick location. Simply press the dedicated Tone Finder button and choose your category; once you find a sound, press the volume knob/button to preview it. The preview plays a suitable phrase for each sound, so you know what kind of articulation behavior it’s able to produce.
An ultra high-quality GM2 sound set (uses all four virtual slots) for playing SMF files via external sequencers, six additional SuperNATURAL sounds (uses one virtual slot each), a front-panel USB memory port (which lets you conveniently store your settings on a USB thumb drive), and a custom iPad Editor App for iPad users who wish to control the Integra 7’s synth parameters, part mixer, and Motional Surround remotely, as well as selecting sounds and reading/loading the 16-part Studio Sets.
Perfect partners for the Integra 7 are Roland’s A-88 and A-49 MIDI controller keyboards. The SuperNATURAL button on the A-88/-49 automatically assigns the Integra 7’s most appropriate parameters to the mod lever, knobs, and D-BEAM for controlling the selected SuperNATURAL sound.