- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Roland SD-2u SD Portable Digital Recorder
is the ultimate choice for those you require an ultra-versatile, portable recorder with built in mics, a great array of inputs and outstanding sound quality! A built-in stereo mic lets you capture audio anywhere, while mic preamps and instrument inputs allow you to connect most external gear you want to use. The SD-2u records high quality audio directly to SD/SDHC memory cards which can then be put on a computer and shared with the world!
Many training essentials, including high-fidelity key and speed adjustment, improved Center Cancel for creating minus-one tracks, and Center Focus for isolating vocals and instruments, are also included on the Roland SD-2u. Compact and ready to travel, the SD-2u SD recorder is the ideal all-in-one solution for audio recording, learning music and languages, and much more.
Roland SD-2u SD Portable Digital Recorder Features
- Easy SD recording and playback in a convenient, all-in-one mobile device
- High-quality stereo microphones and speaker system built in
- Simple interface with Easy Guide function
- Multiple inputs for connecting external devices—two XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power; Plug In Power mic jack; stereo RCA LINE IN jacks
- Independent adjustment of playback speed and key, with improved audio quality over previous designs
- Enhanced Center Cancel function; new Center Focus isolates vocals and instruments for learning
- Built-in tuner and metronome
- Runs on six AA batteries or AC adaptor; wireless remote control included
The SD-2u is ultra portable and can run on AA batteries so it is ready to travel anywhere, giving you high-quality recording and editing in one standalone unit. The built-in stereo mic makes audio capture easy, while high-performance stereo speakers provide convenient sound playback of your recordings, WAV music files, lesson material, and more.
Quality Recording, Intuitive Operation
CD-quality audio is recorded directly to widely available SD/SDHC memory cards. The Roland SD-2u is also super-simple for anyone to operate thanks to the Easy Guide feature, which provides clear onscreen instructions that guide you through various operations. Easy Guide covers recording and overdubbing functions, creating minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke, setting proper input levels, and more. You can even choose among six different languages for the display: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Japanese.
Connect External Mics and Other Devices
While it’s designed for pro results as a standalone unit, the SD-2u also provides connections for integrating external devices to suit various applications. Two XLR/TRS combo jacks allow you to connect your own mics (with phantom power available if needed), including a stereo field-recording mic such as the CS-15RS. There’s also a stereo mini-mic jack with Plug In Power, plus stereo RCA LINE IN jacks for connecting an instrument, music player, or another audio source.
Essential Training Tools
The SD-2u from Roland is equipped with powerful features for manipulating audio playback, providing useful tools for building music skills, learning languages, transcribing spoken-word audio, and more. You can independently adjust the speed and key with exceptional audio quality, perfect for slowing down passages to learn difficult parts or changing the key of music to suit your voice. Use A-B Repeat to play audio sections over and over, and turn on Center Cancel to create minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke fun. There’s also a newly developed Center Focus feature, which isolates center-located sounds in music tracks to make them easier to hear and learn.
Roland SD-2u SD Portable Digital Recorder Specifications
- Tracks: 2 tracks (stereo)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Recording Mode: SD/SDHC Memory Card: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- Recording Media: SD Memory Card (supports 512 MB to 2 GB) SDHC Memory Card (supports 4 GB to 16 GB)
- Recording Songs: Up to 99 songs on a single SD/SDHC Memory Card
- Audio Input: Internal Stereo Microphones EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: XLR type (balanced/phantom power DC 48 V, 8 mA Max.), 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced/unbalanced) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: Stereo miniature phone type LINE IN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- Audio Output: Internal Speakers: Stereo LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 dB/-2 dB)
- Nominal Input Level (variable): EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: -51 to -8 dBu (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: -51 to -13 dBu LINE IN (L, R) jacks: -24 to -4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level: LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: -4 dBu
- Input Impedance: EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: 8 k ohms (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack : 20 k ohms LINE IN (L, R) jacks: 9 k ohms
- Output Impedance: LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: 1 k ohm PHONES jack: 32 ohms
- Display: 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Power Supply: AC adaptor Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (HR6) x 6
- Accessories: Owner's Manual Quick Start Remote controller (with battery CR2025) AC adaptor Power cord SD memory card SD card protector
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11 x 7 3/4 x 2 3/16 inches
- Weight: 2lbs 7oz
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.