- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Roland SH201 Synthesizer is fun & friendly, with pro sounds & performance capabilities.
With its 2 beefy analog-modeling oscillators, complete with Roland’s famous Supersaw filter, this little synth can blow down doors. It also comes with high-quality delay and reverb, a saturation control for adding a ripsaw edge, and an arpeggiator. Plus, external audio sources can be plugged into its external input and the sound can be twisted with the front-panel knobs and sliders – and the onboard D Beam can add dramatic modulation. Connected to a Mac or PC via USB and MIDI and audio can be funneled to your DAW (free VSTi editor software is included). Students of synthesis will love the ease and immediate gratification of the SH201. Educators can use it as a great educational tool to teach basics of synthesis. No other modern synth on the market is as fun, friendly, and inviting.
Roland SH-201 Features
- Great-sounding analog-modeling synth
- Ultra-EZ front panel is logically designed to teach the basics of synthesis
- External input for manipulating external audio from CD/MP3 players, etc.
- Built-in delay, reverb, and saturation effects
- Arpeggiator adds instant rhythmic motion to sounds
- USB port for audio/MIDI connection to computer
- VSTi Editor software included for computer integration
- Invisible infrared D Beam controller
Put the Fun Back in Synthesis!
Great Analog-Style Sound
||Attention SH201 Fans! Free Sounds!
Bass Collection and Pads & Atmospheres!
Free download at www.rolandus.com.
Even though it’s super fun and easy to use, the SH-201 is no toy when it comes to sound. With two beefy analog-modeling oscillators onboard, complete with Roland’s famous Supersaw waveform and resonant filter, this little synth can blow down doors. It also comes with high-quality delay and reverb effects for adding depth and dimension to the sound, an overdrive control for adding a ripsaw edge, and an arpeggiator for instant rhythmic motion.
This is synthesis at its friendliest. The SH-201’s front panel puts every control directly under the player’s fingertips in a logically positioned signal path from left to right. No hidden menus, no nonsense. Just play and move the knobs and sliders. It’s as simple as that. Students of synthesis will love the ease and immediate gratification of the SH-201. No other modern synth on the market is as fun, friendly, and inviting.
External Audio Input
Playing the SH-201 from its keyboard is only half the fun. External audio sources can be plugged into the SH-201’s external input (CD/MP3-player, sampler,, etc.) and the sound can be twisted with the front-panel knobs and sliders. Wave your hands over the SH-201’s invisible D Beam for dramatic modulation.
The SH-201 can be connected to a computer (Mac or PC) with one simple USB cable. Both MIDI and audio can be routed through the USB port. A VSTi software editor is included, which allows SH-201 sounds to be manipulated from within a VSTi-compatible host software sequencer.
Roland SH-201 Specifications
- 49 keys (velocity sensitive)
Sound Generator Organization
- Analog Modeling Sound Engine
(One MIDI part)
- Two Tones per Patch (Upper and Lower)
- 2 Oscillators with MIX/MOD + 1 Filter + 1 Amp + 2 LFO + 3 Envelopers
- Preset : 32
- User: 32
- Oscillator Waveform: SAW,
SQUARE, PULSE/PWM, TRIANGLE, SINE, NOISE, FB OSC, Super SAW, EXT IN
- Knobs: Pitch, Detune,
- Pitch Enveloper: Attack, Decay
- Oscillator Syn
- Ring Modulation
- Low Boost-Low Cut
- Knob: Balance (OSC1/OSC2)
- Filter Type: LPF, BPF, HPF (-12 dB/-24 dB)
- Knobs: Cutoff, Resonance, Key follow
- Enveloper: Attack, Sustain, Decay, Release
- Knob: Level
- Insertion Effect: Overdrive
- Enveloper: Attack, Sustain, Decay, Release
- LFO Shape: TRIANGLE, SINE, SAW, SQUARE, TRAPEZOID, SAMPLE AND HOLD, RANDAM
- Knobs: Rate, Destination 1 Depth, Destination 2 Depth, Tempo Sync ON/OFF n Effects Reverb, Modulation Delay
- Pitch Bend-Modulation lever
- D Beam Controller
- Pattern template: 32
- Tempo: 20 - 250 B.P.M.
*Full programmable with PC editor software
- Easy MIDI recorder
- Number of Tracks: 1
- Tempo: 20– 250 B.P.M.
- Output Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch phone type
- Headphones Jack
- Input Jacks (L,R): RCA pin type
- MIDI Connectors: IN, OUT
- USB Connector: AUDIO/MIDI
- Pedal Jack
- DC In Jack
- AC Adaptor: DC 9 V
- Inches: 34-13/16 (W) x 13-15/16 (D) x 4-1/4 (H)
- mm: 884 (W) x 354 (D) x
- 11 lbs 8 oz (5.2 kg) (excluding AC
- Owner's Manual
- AC Adaptor (PSB-1U or ACI series)
- CD-ROM (USB Driver, Editor, Librarian)
- Pedal Switch: DP series
- Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
* The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.