The Roland TD30 Electronic Drum Module is designed for Roland’s V-Pro series. With SuperNATURAL sounds produced by Behavior Modeling, the sound quality of the TD30 module is superior, responding naturally to a variety of drumming techniques and dynamics. From rim shots, rolls, flams, even ghost notes on the snare, to dramatic crash hits and sustained cymbal swells, every nuance is accurate and smooth.
For spatial depth, a dedicated Ambience fader gives you immediate access to lush room ambience and overhead-microphone simulation. The Roland TD30 drum module is Roland’s flagship model that will satisfy the demands of the seasoned pro and bring great, usable features to the hobbyist.
Roland TD30 Electronic Drum Module Features
Wide Variety of Sounds
- Over 1,000 onboard sounds, from acoustic kicks, snares, cymbals and percussion to electronic drums and special effect sounds
- V-Edit possibilities and powerful onboard effects make it easy to create a personalized kit for any musical style
- Vastly improved trigger response, dynamics, and positional sensing
- Choose from a wide selection of snare drums, change the head type and tuning, move mic positions, customize the shape of the room the drums are in and more
- Each pad can have its own compressor and 3-band graphic EQ
The wide range of preset drum kits within the TD30 module is perfect for all styles of music, whether it be rock, jazz, hip-hop, or dance. Priority has been placed on developing sounds that are perfectly adaptable for use in the recording studio environment or on stage.
With over 1,000 onboard sounds, whether they are acoustic drum kicks, snares, cymbals and percussion, or electronic drums and special effects sounds, the V-Edit possibilities combined with the powerful onboard effects make it easy to create a unique and personalized kit for any musical style with the Roland TD30.
Natural Playing Feel and Sound
The TD30 sound module features vastly improved trigger response, dynamics, and positional sensing. The result is an even more obvious and natural reaction between the player and the sound.
Drum Sound Reaction
- Snare Drum - A smoother transition in sound reaction between head shots and rim shots. The snare drum perfectly responds to exactly how and where the drummer plays. The dynamics, positional sensing, and even the transition between full and shallow rim shots has become smoother.
- Crash Cymbals - Be it delicate playing, swell rolls, or powerful crash shots, the contrasts in dynamic sound reactions are more discernible than ever.
- Ride Cymbal - Enhanced dynamics and positional sensing make for a wonderfully natural feel and sound variations, be it up-tempo jazz playing or straight-on rock.
When playing fast open rolls, flams, or ghost-style, single-handed buzz rolls, the sound remains continuous between each hit. And press/closed rolls sound even smoother with the snare buzz resonance reacting in a natural way.
When playing the hi-hat from a fully open position and slowly closing it, a perfectly smooth transition in sound is achieved. Playing in the half-open position or even in a slightly open position, the sound remains constant. And the foot-closed sounds and foot splashes are easier to control.
How the drummer hears himself and how the drum sounds are heard within the music have been given priority, and by taking advantage of enhanced DSP power, a new ambience section has been created. On the front panel of the Roland TD30 there is a dedicated fader for the overall ambience balance.
Recording Studio Applications
- Overhead Mic - For recording drums in the studio, placement of the overhead mics is a must to guarantee a natural presence and brightness in the sound.
- Room Ambience - You can adjust the room size and the room mic position within a choice of room types that include a concert hall, studio, club, arena, etc.
- Reverb - A customized reverb has been specially created for the snare, kick, and toms, helping them to musically blend together inside the music in an even more natural way.
The TD30 drum module offers sound creation potential for all aspects of drumming performance. You can choose from a wide selection of snare drums, change the head type and tuning, move individual microphone positions, customize the shape of the room the drums are in, and adjust both the overhead mic and room mic positions. Enhance your sound with the effects and create the perfect audio balance with the individual kit mixer-all within the Roland TD30!
Powerful Onboard Effects
Each pad can have its own compressor and 3-band graphic EQ, just like in a recording studio. New multi-effects include insertion effects like the saturator or a flanger. And, as in the studio, the final sonic touches can be realized on the Roland TD30 drum module with a powerful stereo compressor and a 4-band master EQ.