Like the original 1303/U2 from 1958, the Silvertone Classic 1303/U2 Reissue Electric Guitar
pays homage to the original while adding modern style to create a must have Modern/Vintage solid body electric with a unique sound and playing experience inspired by the rock icons who wielded the originals.
Silvertone Classic 1303/U2 Reissue Features
So, What Changed?
- Single Cutaway Mahogany body
- Mahogany 'C shape' bolt on neck with dual action truss rod
- 21 Fret, Rosewood fingerboard with 12 inch radius
- BN-104 String through bridge with adjustable saddles
- Two vintage lipstick pickups
- Optional gig bag: Silvertone Classic gig bag click here
The body is made of solid Mahogany, for a deep rich tone not found in the original 1303/U2. The string through body bridge means faultless intonation and better string attack - an improvement over the original rosewood bridge. The neck profile is improved with a comfortable C-shape, as well as coupling it to the body with a newly engineered neck joint system for longer sustaining notes. The individual machine heads are another upgrade over the original.