There were two major considerations that guided the development of the PG3800 power amplifier: big power and dependable performance. With professional Class A/B power, the PG3800 offers up to 3800 watts of power in bridged mono at 4 ohms and up to 1800 watts at 2 ohms in stereo. In addition to power, Samson also placed a great emphasis on seamless operation, which is why the PG3800 is equipped with 3-stage protection circuitry with LED indicators. Additionally, the PG3800 employs twin internal wind tunnels with forced-air cooling via two temperature-sensitive, variable-speed fans to keep the amp running cool.
Samson PG3800 Power Amplifier Features
- Professional Class A/B power amplifier
- 560 watts per side at 8 ohms
- 900 watts per side at 4 ohms
- 1800 watts per side at 2 ohms
- 3800 watts bridged mono at 4 ohms
- Parallel, stereo and bridged mono output modes
- Dual variable-speed fan cooling system
- Selectable 30Hz low-cut filter
- Selectable limiter
- 3-stage protection circuitry with LED indicators
- 5-way binding post and Speakon connector outputs
- Balanced XLR and balanced 1/4-inch TRS input connections
- Two rackspace design
For enhanced convenience, the PG3800's rear panel provides both balanced XLR and balanced 1/4-inch TRS input connections. For the outputs, the amplifier provides standard 5-way binding posts as well as dual Speakon connectors. Other features include on-board dynamics processing with a selectable 30Hz low frequency filter to help remove stage rumble, along with a selectable limiter to help protect speakers and keep the signal clean. Its attractive, low profile dual rackspace design also enables discreet placement, so you don't have to worry about this amplifier becoming an eyesore in your audio setup. With plenty of robust, clean power and the dependability demanded by professional audio engineers and installers, the PG3800 power amplifier is ideal for live sound venues, houses of worship, commercial installations and for driving small and medium-sized live PA systems.