Samson VR88 Velocity Ribbon Microphone
The Samson VR88 Velocity Ribbon Microphone is the first of a limited production of hand-crafted velocity ribbon microphones. The VR88 is a result of more than five years of engineering research and product development.
The VR88 features a fine, pure aluminum corrugated foil ribbon suspended within an intense Neodymium field producing a warm and natural response that is silky smooth from top to bottom. In addition, the VR88 is capable of handling high SPLs of up to 138 dB, making it an excellent choice for miking vocals, acoustic instruments and even electric guitars. The quality of the VR88 compares to the most highly regarded classic ribbon microphones found in top recording studios and comes in a durable, lightweight aluminum case with a yoke mount, shockmount and right-angle XLR cable.
Samson VR88 Features
- Active Velocity Ribbon Microphone
- 2.5-inch long, 2-micron thin, 99 percent pure aluminum corrugated ribbon element
- Element set in a precise flux field created by a precision tooled, neodymium magnet
- Bidirectional, Figure-8 pick-up pattern
- Active head amplifier with 48 volt phantom power operation
- Capable of handling signals with high (135 dB) SPL’s (Sound Pressure Levels)
- Smooth and transparent sound reproduction great for warming up digital tracks
- Internal shock-mount
- Solid die cast construction
- Shockmount and swivel stand mount included
- Samson Tourtek 20-foot right angle XLR cable included
- Aluminum carry case included