The Shure Beta 87A is a precision-engineered supercardioid condenser vocal microphone with an exceptionally smooth frequency response.
Built to withstand extreme sound pressure levels, the Beta 87A is ideal for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording applications - and constructed to withstand the rigors of touring.
Shure Beta 87A Features
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback.
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Reliability for years of trouble-free performance
The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
The Beta 87 has consistently been a top choice of performers and audio technicians around the world due to its superb accuracy and detail, and rich vocal production. This long-standing favorite now features a new design and has been renamed the Beta 87A. In response to user requests, Shure has redesigned this microphone by just slightly thickening the handle for a more comfortable feel when hand-held. In addition, the Beta 87A now includes the A25D break-resistant swivel adapter.
Shure Beat 87A Suggested Applications
- Lead Vocals
- Backup Vocals