The Shure Beta 98A is a compact, high-output, condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain before feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise. Its high sound pressure level (SPL) capability makes it useful for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings.
Shure Beta 98A Condenser Microphone Features
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform cardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for drums, percussion, reeds, and horns
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Enamel-coated metal construction and stainless steel inner grille resist wear and abuse
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- Extremely high SPL handling
- High output level
- No crossover distortion
- Beta 98ADC ships with A98D drum mount featuring a flexible gooseneck for precise placement and secure attachment
The Beta 98A features high sound pressure level capability (SPL). Beta 98AD/C includes A98D drum mount with flexible gooseneck that makes it an essential, accurate choice for toms, snares, and percussion.