Shure KSM137 SL Stereo Pair Condenser Microphones
The Shure KSM137 is an end-address condenser microphone with a single cardioid polar pattern. Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM137 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording instruments. The KSM137 SL includes two KSM137, two windscreens, carry case and a champagne finish.
Shure KSM137 Instrument Condenser Microphone Features
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern.
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar(R) diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
Versatile, durable, and precise, the Shure KSM137 is an outstanding microphone for instruments ranging from percussion to wind, strings to brass, and piano to guitar.
Shure KSM137 Performance Characteristics
Sensitivity and Toughness
- Extended frequency response
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Meticulously crafted from premium components, KSM microphones are exquisitely engineered to capture the detailed sonic nuance of critical studio performances, while withstanding the rigors of the most demanding stage environments. Delivering a level of clarity, control, and durability that is simply unprecedented, KSM microphones represent the pinnacle of Shure audio innovation— defining new standards in audio performance.
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums