Shure PGX14 UHF Instrument Wireless Mic System with Beta 98
Shure PGX14 Instrument Wireless System combines plug-and-play simplicity with a modest price point, making the switch to wireless an easy one.
Crystal-clear sound quality is attained through Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding technology, which allows the full fidelity of the Shure microphone capsules to shine through. The efficient PGX1 bodypack and PGX2 handheld transmitters get eight hours of continuous operation from two AA batteries. Includes Beta98H/C Condenser Microphone, PGX4 Diversity Receiver and PGX1 Bodypack Transmitter.
You'll be amazed at the ease with which the system can be set up. With one touch of a button, the PGX4 Receiver's Automatic Frequency Selection function find an open channel from among the 90 frequencies on board. Then - again with a single touch - an infrared link provides Automatic Transmitter Setup, so even beginners can have a PGX Wireless up and running, interference-free, in no time.
To ensure outstanding wireless performance, all PGX systems feature Shure's patented, microprocessor-controlled Predictive Diversity reception and full frequency agility across a generous 18 MHz bandwidth. Preset frequency compatibility allows up to nine systems per band to operate simultaneously, with 12 systems easily attained by using multiple frequency bands.
All PGX Wireless systems are built to Shure's legendary standards of ruggedness and reliability, and comes with a padded carrying case included.
Shure PGX Specifications
- Working Range: 100m (300 ft.)
Note: actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection, and interference
- Audio Frequency Response
+/- 2 dB:
(Overall system frequency depends on microphone element.)
- Minimum: 45 Hz
- Maximum: 15 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion
Ref. +/- 33 kHz deviation, 1 kHz
tone: 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: >100 dB A-weighted
- Operating Temperature
Range: -18°C (0°F) to +50°C (+122°F)
Note: battery characteristics may limit this range
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
PGX1 Bodypack Transmitter
- Audio Input Level:
- -10 dBV maximum at mic gain position
- +10 dBV maximum at 0dB gain position
- +20 dBV maximum at -10dB gain position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 30 dB
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhm
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country
- Dimensions: 4.25 inches H x 2.50 inches W x 0.75: D (108 mm x 64 mm x 19 mm)
- Weight: 3 oz. (81 grams) without batteries
- Housing: Molded polycarbonate case
- Power Requirements: 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: >8 hours (alkaline)
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 7.125 x 4.1 inches (40 mm x 181 mm x 104 mm)
- Weight: 11.5 oz. (327 g)
- Housing: ABS
- Audio Output Level (Ref. +/- 33 kHz deviation with 1
- XLR Connector (into 600 Ohm load): -19 dBV
- 1/4 inch Connector (into 3000 Ohm load): -5 dBV
- Output Impedance:
- XLR Connector: 200 Ohms
- 1/4 inch Connector: 1kOhms
- XLR Output:
- Impedance balanced
- Pin 1: Ground (cable shield)
- Pin 2: Audio
- Pin 3: No Audio
- Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
–Image Rejection: >70 dB, typical
–Power Requirements: 12-18 Vdc at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophonesNote:
All of the wireless systems that AMS sells comply with the FCC guidelines and regulations.
We are presenting this information as a matter of legally required disclosure.