Shure PGX24 UHF Handheld Wireless Mic System with PG58
The Shure PGX24 Handheld Wireless System provides Crystal-clear sound and sonic fidelity typically found on units costing twice as much.
Built around Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding technology, which allows the full fidelity of the Shure microphone capsules to shine through. The efficient PGX1 bodypack and PGX2 handheld transmitters get eight hours of continuous operation from two AA batteries. Shure PGX Wireless promises to bring unmatched performance and ease of use to local musicians, houses of worship, and others looking to step up to wireless professional audio.
Shure PGX Wireless combines plug-and-play simplicity with a modest price point, making the switch to wireless an easy one, even for first-time buyers. There are a total of eight PGX Wireless system configurations available, equally divided between handheld and bodypack systems.
You'll be amazed at the ease with which the system can be set up. With one touch of a button, the PGX4 Receiver's Automatic Frequency Selection function find an open channel from among the 90 frequencies on board. Then - again with a single touch - an infrared link provides Automatic Transmitter Setup, so even beginners can have a PGX Wireless up and running, interference-free, in no time.
To ensure outstanding wireless performance, all PGX systems feature Shure's patented, microprocessor-controlled Predictive Diversity reception and full frequency agility across a generous 18 MHz bandwidth. Preset frequency compatibility allows up to nine systems per band to operate simultaneously, with 12 systems easily attained by using multiple frequency bands.
Shure PGX24 Wireless Includes
- PGX2/PG58 Handheld Transmitter
- PGX4 Diversity Receiver
All PGX Wireless systems are built to Shure's legendary standards of ruggedness and reliability, and comes with a padded carrying case included.
Shure PGX Specifications
PGX2 Handheld Transmitter
- Working Range: 100m (300 ft.) dependant on surounding conditions
- Audio Frequency Response: +/- 2 dB
- Minimum: 45 Hz
- Maximum: 15 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%, typical (+/- 33 kHz deviation, 1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >100 dB A-weighted
- Operating Temperature Range: -18°C (0°F) to +50°C (+122°F)
- Transmitter Audio Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- Audio Input Level:
- +2 dBV maximum at -10dB position
- -8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW max
- Dimensions (L x Dia): 10 x 2 inches (254 x 51 mm) with PG58 cartridge
- Weight: 10.2 oz (290 grams) without batteries
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: >8 hours (alkaline)
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 7.125 x 4.1 inches (40 x 181 x 104 mm)
- Weight: 11.5 oz. (327 g)
- Housing: ABS
- Audio Output Level: (Ref. +/- 33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone)
- XLR Connector (into 600 Ohm load): -19 dBV
- 1/4 inch Connector (into 3000 Ohm load): -5 dBV
- Output Impedance:
- XLR Connector: 200 Ohms
- 1/4 inch Connector: 1kOhms
- XLR Output:
- Impedance balanced
- Pin 1: Ground (cable shield)
- Pin 2: Audio
- Pin 3: No Audio
- Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >70 dB, typical
- Power Requirements: 12-18 Vdc at 150 mA (external power supply)
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophonesNote:
All of the wireless systems that AMS sells comply with the FCC guidelines and regulations.
We are presenting this information as a matter of legally required disclosure.