The Shure SM86 Vocal Condenser Microphone provides the crisp, accurate performance of a great studio condenser mic for on-stage applications!
The Shure SM86 is a cardioid condenser vocal mic for professional use live on stage. The SM86 provides studio-quality sound yet withstands the rigors of touring. The tailored frequency response of the SM86 reproduces vocals with clarity. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath Pop noise. The SM86 requires 11-52V phantom power. Its frequency response is 50Hz-18kHz. The SM86 is an excellent choice for use with both stage monitors and personal in-ear monitors.
SM86 Wins 2003 TEC Award
Shure Incorporated was honored Sunday, October 12, 2003, when the SM86 Vocal Microphone won the TEC Award for Microphone Technology/Sound Reinforcement. The Shure SM86 is a unidirectional (cardioid) condenser vocal microphone for professional use in live performance. An extremely rugged microphone, the SM86 withstands the rigors of touring while delivering studio-quality sound.
Shure SM86 Features
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal in-ear monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage Pop filter reduces wind and breath noise