It's durable metal construction, high-quality components and outstanding sound make the Sony PHA1 Portable USB Headphone Amplifier ideal for use with MDR series professional headphones. The PHA-1 portable headphone amp is a two-channel high resolution DAC (digital-to-analog converter) combined with a high-quality headphone amplifier. The PHA-1's micro USB port is USB audio compatible (96kHz/24bit) and it supports a synchronize data transfer mode. It doesn't require the use of additional drivers for use with MAC or PC.
Sony PHA1 Portable USB Headphone Amplifier Features:
- Micro USB port (for PC/MAC use) operates using USB bus powering
- Professionally constructed in a durable aluminum enclosure with zinc alloy cast bumpers to minimize external interference and protect the volume control
- High slew rate Texas Instrument TPA6120 headphone amplifier
- Supports headphone impedances of 8 ohms to 600 ohms
- Ultilizes high quality Wolfson WM8740 digital-to-analog converter
- Maximum audio sample rate and resolution: 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Built-in Lithium-ion battery (charged from Micro USB port). Battery life 10 hours using analog input or 5 hours when connected directly with an iPod/iPhone/iPad. Charge time 4.5 hours.
- Side panel gain switch supports use with both high and low impedance headphones