The Select Force shell kit by Sonor is designed especially for advanced and semi-professional drummers. The top-of-the-line Select Force feature 7 ply Canadian Maple shells for uncompromisingly rich and warm sounds, highlight lower pitches and provide balance in the mid-range and treble. Whether in the woodshed, recording studio or on stage, Sonor’s Select Force sets deliver a powerful performance every time.
Sonor Select Force 5 Piece Shell Kit Drum Set Features
Sonor Select Force Maple Shell Design
- A large selection of individual components provide perfect add-ons for an even bigger performance – ideal for live gigs requiring multiple setups.
- Tom Mounting System – Powerful Sounds Thanks to Minimal Shell Contact!
- The vibration-free T.A.R. system (Total Acoustic Resonance) with APS (Advanced Projection System) provides maximum resonance and sustain.
- Bass Drum Mount – Smooth and Snug!
- The standard Select Force series bass drum ships with a mount. The inner workings of the mount are built for a strong and secure base; thanks to a smooth yet firm application of pressure.
- Bass Drum Claws – Protect Your Hoops!
- Rubber padding beneath the bass drum claws protects the wooden hoop against damage.
- Bass Drum Spurs – Quick and Easy Set-Up!
- Position clamps (Memory Locks) ‘remember’ your preferred bass drum spur height.
- Bass Drum Feet – On Solid Footing, Wherever You Go!
- The bass drum feet can be converted from rubber to metal by turning the rubber foot. Fixing the position by a fastening screw.
- Pre-Muffled Bass Drum Heads – For Just the Right Kick!
- Pre-muffled batter and resonance heads on the bass drum provide ‘allround’ powerful sounds and dynamic kicks. Sonor heads made by Remo.
- Tuning Lugs with TuneSafe – Real Eye-Catchers, with Sonor Design!
- The Sonor Select Force tuning lugs with fine-pitch threads are equipped with the TuneSafe feature, which prevents tension rods from loosening.
The Maple shells deliver maximum strength, perfect curving and neutral tuning, due to the tension-free cross lamination of individual plies of wood (CLTF Cross Laminated Tension Free Process).
Sonor Select Force Shell Thicknesses
- 7 plies for bass drums = 7.2 mm
- 2.4 mm Canadian Maple + 2.4 mm Chinese Maple + 2.4 mm Canadian Maple
- 7 plies for snare drums, tom toms and floor toms = 5.8 mm
- 1.7 mm Canadian Maple + 2.4 mm Chinese Maple + 1.7 mm Canadian Maple