The Source Audio Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller takes the technology of the original Hot Hand to a whole new level! The Hot Hand 3 broadens its compatibility to include non-Source Audio pedals. In fact, Source Audio hasn’t found a pedal with an expression pedal connection that doesn’t work with it.
Motion is translated into a dynamic and precise expression signal thanks to a 3-axis accelerometer, which can be applied to a range of effect parameters, including filter sweeps, drive levels, modulation, and wet/dry mixes. The lightweight and wireless ring of the Hot Hand 3 is capable of transmitting over 100 feet and fits comfortably on the hand, foot, or headstock.
Source Audio Hot Hand 3 Universal Wireless Effects Controller Features
- Compatible with all Soundblox, Soundblox 2, Soundblox Pro, and Hot Hand pedals
- Works with most third-party effects equipped with a 1/4 inch expression input. DIP switches facilitate third-party effect configuration
- Select between 3 different motion axes (X, Y, and Z)
- RF transmitter capable of transmitting over 100 feet
- Rechargeable/replaceable lithium ion battery
- 1/8 inch Sensor Output and 1/4 inch Expression Output
- DEPTH and SMOOTHING controls adjust effect amount and ring sensitivity
- All components are compatible with the original Hot Hand Wireless Adapter
- Use up to 4 separate Hot Hand units simultaneously with no interference
- License free for worldwide wireless usage (ISM band)
Hot Hand 3 connects to all Soundblox, Soundblox 2, Soundblox Pro, and Hot Hand pedals via the 1/8 inch Sensor Output. The receiver base station also features a standard 1/4 inch Expression Output compatible with most third-party pedals equipped with a 1/4 inch expression input, such as the Boss PS-5 Pitch Shifter, Eventide Space Reverb, Line 6 DL4, and many more.
The Source Audio Hot Hand 3 system consists of a wireless sensor ring, ring charger/DC power supply, receiver base station, and sensor cable. The ring is powered by a rechargeable/replaceable lithium ion battery, with an average operation time of 6 hours between charges.