If you require a distortion with huge versatility, classic, unique and over the top tones, and great tweakability all in a compact format, look no further than the Source Audio Soundblox 2 Multiwave Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal! This powerhouse pedal features all the futuristic and synth-like distortion and fuzz tones of the original Soundblox Multiwave Distortion, but in a compact, cast-aluminum housing. Source Audio packs this pedal with 23 distortions plus a Clean Boost mode, two user presets, 3-band tone control, selectable buffered or true bypass, and a 3-level noise gate.
Compatibility with Hot Hand, an expression pedal, or MIDI gives this pedal huge possibilities on stage and in the studio! Use the Hot Hand Motion Sensor Ring or the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal for on-the-fly control over any of the six adjustable parameters or to seamlessly morph from one user preset to the other. Plug in a MIDI controller for external access to presets and parameters of the Multiwave Distortion pedal.
Source Audio Soundblox 2 Multiwave Distortion Pedal Features
- 23 varieties of our unique distortion algorithms with an additional Clean Boost mode
- Multiband Processing — Signal is split into multiple bands and distorted individually for unprecedented sound clarity
- Compact, cast aluminum housing
- 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches
- Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass
- 3-band tone control — select between treble, mid, and bass for precision tone sculpting
- Noise Gate — easily activated 3-level noise gate
- Multi-function In — use an expression pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor to morph between presets or manipulate any of the six assignable parameters
- MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters
- State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters
- 9V DC power supply included
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.25 inches
- The Soundblox 2 Multiwave Distortion from Source Audio
features both multi band and single band processing. Multi band processing splits the input signal into ten distinct frequencies bands, distorts each one separately then recombines them for the final outputted signal. The effect is a crisp and clear distortion with sturdy attack and superior note articulation.
Single band processing employs a more conventional approach, applying a single distortion element to the entire signal. The processing categories are further broken down into three subcategories: ‘Normal’, for a more traditional distortion curve, ‘Foldback’, for an aggressive, synth-like fuzz and ‘Octave’, for unique octave-up distortion effects.