The big brother of the Si Expression series, the Soundcraft Si Expression 3 Digital Mixer offers 32 high quality mic inputs, motorized faders, and the latest in DSP and component technology! Along with the 32 recallable mic preamps, the Si Expression 3 provides 4 line inputs, 4 internal stereo FX returns, AES in, and a 64x64 expansion slot offering more than enough scope to use every one of the 66 input processing channels.
Every input processing channel of this digital mixer has dedicated processing for high pass filter, input delay, gate, compressor and four band EQ while keeping it under control is a comprehensive automation system augmented with four mute groups and FaderGlow to light the way so you are never lost. Perfect for any venue, school, church or band, the Soundcraft Si Expression 3 is ready to be put to work!
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 Digital Mixer Features
- Each Si Expression mixer is identical in its feature set besides the number of faders and local mic amps
- 32 high quality mono mic inputs
- Motorized faders
- 4 line inputs
- Free ViSi Remote app for iPad gives you remote access to mixes and many other parameters
- Color touch screen interface
- 66 channels to mix possible
- Pre/Post selection per input per bus
- AES in and out
- Global mode encoders
- Soundcraft FaderGlow
- GEQ on every bus
- 20 sub-group / aux busses
- 4 FX busses
- 8 Matrix busses
- LR and C Mix busses
- 4 Stereo Lexicon Effects engines
- Delay on inputs and outputs
- 4 Mute Groups
- Freely assignable insert loops
- Harman HiQnet integration
- 64x64 channel option card slot
The Soundcraft Si Expression 3 mixing console has busses, output processing and connectivity to match the versatility of the inputs; the 14 aux/group mixes can be configured as 14 mono mixes, 8 mono plus 6 stereo mixes or almost anything in between, while the 4 matrix mixes can be mono or stereo as needed.
The bus and matrix mixes are complemented with four more mix busses dedicated to the internal Lexicon FX processors all in addition to the left, right and center busses. Each bus mix features a compressor, 4 band EQ, BSS graphic EQ and delay always available all of the time. Output connectivity is comprehensive with all models featuring 16 balanced line outputs, headphone monitor out, AES out and of course the 64x64 option slot.
Soundcraft ViSi Remote
ViSi Remote is an application for Apple iPad devices; it allows control of Soundcraft Si Compact, Si Performer and Vi Series consoles wirelessly from your iPad using no additional hardware other than a wireless access router connected to the Harman HiQnet ethernet port of the console. With ViSi Remote you are free to roam your venue and adjust mixes and other audio parameters directly from the iPad!
- Provides wireless control over main, aux and matrix mixes
- Imports channel and bus names from the console
- Allows GEQ adjustment for each bus
- A single iPad can control multiple consoles
- Multiple iPads can be paired to the same console allowing artists to adjust their own mixes
- FaderGlow represented on ViSi just like the console
- Works off-line for demo and training purposes
- ViSi Remote will auto-discover any Si Compact or Vi series consoles present on the network
- In the event of wireless drop-out, consoles and audio are unaffected
To complement the channel and bus processing all Si Expression digital mixers integrate four stereo Lexicon FX processors based on the MX400 providing a wealth of sounds, user adjustable parameters and dedicated tap-tempo keys. As the FX are hardware based, use of all the effects, even on the most demanding programs does not affect other processing in any way and all dynamics, EQs, filters, delays, and GEQs remain available regardless what you are doing.
Flexible onboard and expansion I/O options ensure your Soundcraft Si Expression integrates effortlessly with other system components utilizing any of the Si series option cards including AES, Firewire/USB/ADAT 1, AVIOM, CobraNet, BSS Digital Audio Bus (BLU Link) 1, Dante 1 CAT5 or optical MADI.
The MADI card, as well as being an interface to multi-track recording systems or plug-in systems like Waves, enables linking the Si Expression to any of the Soundcraft or Studer stage boxes to extend the I/O power and flexibility. Adding a stagebox to a Si Expression increases the number of channels you can mix at once!
As you would expect from any Soundcraft digital mixer the facilities are extensive and include legendary audio quality courtesy of the latest generation EMMA DSP processor, the same DSP platform that has helped propel previous Soundcraft Si series consoles to fame. All this power united with reliability, flexibility and usability puts the Si Expression 3 mixer in a class of its own.
Si Expression Highlights
- D.O.G.S. (Direct Out Gain Stabilizer) – Prevents manual change of a mic gain control affecting direct out levels, perfect when 2 consoles share a stagebox or when recording the channel direct outputs.
- Security Lockout – Lock the whole console or just selected elements, manage the security with the users and profile settings.
- Assignable Fader Layers – Customize each of the four fader layer pages to meet your needs or add/insert faders to accommodate that additional mic that was not in the patch list!
- Copy and Paste – Copy whole channels, busses, mixes, Lexicon effects, a single part such as the EQ or multiple parts like the channel gate and compressor.
- TOTEM – The One Touch Easy Mix; press a single key to mix to an AUX, FX or Matrix bus, the surface and monitoring instantly reconfigure to allow instant mixing to your chosen bus on the faders.
- BSS GEQ – With a BSS GEQ on every bus there is never any need to assign from a pool of resources and you will never 'run out' of processing.
- 1 Control = 1 Function – With each control dedicated to a given function there is never any 'layering' of controls or navigating through screens; this allows the Si Expression controls to be labeled on the surface just as they would have been on an analogue mixer.
- Global Mode Controls – A row of rotary controls above each fader assignable at the touch of a button to be GAIN, PAN or HPF for all of the inputs allowing instant access to the core functions.
- Soundcraft FaderGlow – Illuminates the fader slots according to function with clearly defined colors for FX, Stereo, Linked Mono, GEQ, POST Fade Aux, PRE Fade Aux; you'll never be lost again!
- Instant Access Keys – Dedicated keys on the front panel for STORE, RECALL, NEXT, MUTE 1-4, TAP TEMPO and more negate the need to dive into screen and context menus.
- Function Focus – Whenever a control is moved or SELect key pressed the screen displays information about the channel identifying the absolute value of the controls and the channel name, number etc.
- Everything Everywhere – All channels and busses have a full complement of processing, nothing to assign or configure.