The comprehensive top-of-the-line DAW, Steinberg Cubase 7 Music Production Software condenses almost three decades of Steinberg development into the most cutting-edge DAW anywhere. Used by star producers and musicians for composing, recording, mixing and editing music, Cubase combines outstanding audio quality, intuitive handling and a collection of highly advanced audio and MIDI tools. Whether you record an orchestra, a huge live rock show, or a band in the studio, Cubase is sublime in every sense of the word.
With more musical features than ever, Cubase 7 delivers a truly unrivaled creative production experience. Sparkling with its entirely overhauled mixing console, a new Chord track alongside the innovative Chord Assistance, advanced VariAudio, more instrument content and an array of enhancements make Cubase 7 smarter and faster in every way.
Steinberg Cubase 7 Music Production Software Features
- Ideal for Professional producers, mixing engineers, composers
- 32-bit/192 kHz Steinberg audio engine with 5.1 surround support
- Record and mix unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks
- Key, Score, Drum and List Editor for intuitive note, chord or beat creation and editing
- Full instrument expression control on single-note level, plus intuitive handling of articulations and dynamics
- Professional music notation and score edting and printing feature set
- Easy chord management and intelligent composing assistance
- 66 high-end audio effect plug-ins
- 8 virtual instruments with more than 2,800 presets
- 18 MIDI plug-ins
- Full audio editing toolset state-of-the-art transient and tempo detection
- Drum replacement functions and advanced audio quantization
- Realtime time-stretching and pitch-shifting, zplane Elastique algorithms
- Multitrack editing toolset
- MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization
- MixConsole with integrated channel strip, full drag-and-drop support, A/B comparison, global bypass function and EBU-compliant loudness metering
- 5.1 surround support
- Control Room: create monitoring setups and performer mixes
- MixConvert delivers unmatched downmixing quality
- Powerful automation system with 4 modes and dedicated control panel
- Integration of external effect devices and instruments
- Organize your files and presets in one central spot
- Quick startup with the Project Assistant
- Supports all common audio formats and standards plus FLAC support, direct SoundCloud export, OMF import/export and Fraunhofer MP3 encoding
- 4 hours of HD video tutorials included
- Professional workflow: offline process history, key command macros, channel batch export
- Collaborate with musicians around the globe using VST Connect SE
The completely new MixConsole excels not only in terms of usability, look and feel, but also sounds better than anything before it! Featuring full-screen mode, total scalability and quick in-place access to the parameters most relevant to the task, MixConsole adjusts seamlessly to notebook screens and large-scale displays.
With its extremely flexible channel layout, 12 dB boost and dedicated processing power per channel, an exceptional feel to the controls and comprehensive online and offline automation tools, MixConsole provides uncompromising audio quality and routing flexibility from the outset, with plenty of pristine headroom and a fundamentally transparent sonic signature.
Workflows for Professionals
Dedicated to our diehard users, Cubase 7 brings extraordinary workflow improvements to the table, delivering a genuine benefit to professionals working regularly with the mixer. Highlights include A/B comparison and global bypass for all audio effects, a plug-in search function as well as drag-and-drop support throughout.
Plus, dynamic sends and inserts provide a streamlined overview, whereas the professional meter bridge lets you keep track of your signals. Aiming on providing barrier-free accessibility to the blind and visually impaired, MixConsole is compatible with screen reader software and can be operated using only the computer keyboard.
The Cubase Channel Strip...
The brand-new channel strip in Cubase 7 offers that epic pro-console sound that lets you turn your songs into a hard-hitting, radio-ready production. Best of all, Allen Morgan, whose producing credits include Taylor Swift, Nine Inch Nails and many more crafted 150 channel strip presets, 150 track presets plus many FX chain presets.
... and Channel Central
The redesigned Channel Settings window gives you lightning quick access to all channel parameters, including input metering, routing assignments, the new channel strip with premier equalization and dynamics modules and essential aux as well as cue sends to create individual cue mixes. There's no need for scrolling — the display follows you automatically wherever you are and updates each time you adjust controls on a different channel.
Monitor your audio’s loudness
In past years the loudness level has increased dramatically, especially in TV advertising. To align loudness levels easily and maintain dynamics without further increasing the peak level and compression rate, Cubase 7 comes with an integrated loudness meter that is fully compatible with the EBU R128 loudness standard. Precise measuring of integrated, momentary and short-term loudness enables you to keep track of your audio’s loudness and deliver in true EBU-compliant formats.
Remote control this
You asked for it and Cubase 7 delivers! Supporting many hardware remote controllers right out of the box, the all-new Remote Control Editor lets you visually customize the parameter layout of individual effects and instruments on your control surface. It’s as simple as it sounds — just select a hardware knob or button and chose which parameter to control and there you go! Various modes for rotaries and knobs plus the Learn mode make it even easier to assign parameters. Simply reassign the cutoff parameter of your favorite filter effect or synth to whatever rotary you want.
Remote Control Editor supports Avid System 5 MC, Avid Artist Series, Mackie Control, Steinberg Houston, WK-Audio’s ID, Yamaha DM2000 and more right out of the box.