Steinberg Cubase Essential 5 Music Production Software
With an easy, intuitive approach to composing, recording, editing and mixing, Cubase Essential 5 is your gateway to the world of Cubase. Cubase Essential 5 features the same user interface and award-winning audio engine as the Steinberg Cubase 5, used by countless professionals around the globe.
The latest incarnation of Cubase Essential includes enhancements like the new PitchCorrect plug-in to automatically correct vocal intonation, Beat Designer to produce beats and rhythms in next to no time, over 700 instruments and sounds to kick-start your projects as well as many other exciting innovations.
So whether you’re composing songs at home, recording your band in the rehearsal room or remixing the latest hip-hop and dance tracks on a laptop while on the move: Cubase Essential 5 combines premium virtual instruments, outstanding audio and MIDI VST effects with a vast range of proven editing and sequencing tools while being extremely easy to use.
Cubase Essential 5 Features:
- Based on the Steinberg Cubase advanced music production system used by professionals around the world
- Award winning 32 bit floating point Steinberg Audio Engine
- Up to 64 simultaneous audio tracks with 24 bit/96 kHz
- Superb audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing application
- Complete suite of 33 audio and 17 MIDI VST effect processors, including PitchCorrect for vocal intonation correction and an extraordinary sounding AmpSimulator
- Over 700 instrument sounds for the included HALion ONE sample player and Prologue substractive synthesizer
- AudioWarp system for time stretching and pitch shifting in real time
- MediaBay file and preset management system
- Streamlined score editing and printing feature set
- Cross-platform for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary
On-the-fly pitch correction
The new PitchCorrect VST3 plug in brings easy and automatic intonation control and scale correction of vocal and monophonic instrument recordings to Cubase. The advanced note detection and correction engine heals up any intonation without noticeable artifacts and preserves the sonic audio quality of the original performance.
Designer beats and grooves
Beat Designer is the hot new beat construction plug-in that really allows getting hands on with beats for step programming and designing drum patterns in an easy yet powerful way! Beat Designer also works hand in hand with the MediaBay and the new beat pattern file type for an ultrafast beat creation workflow.
More sounds for more music
- A prologue to epic sound: Prologue is an exceptional polyphonic subtractive synthesizer with incredible sound shaping capabilities. The included library features 330 designed sounds with that unique Prologue character, from cutting leads to earthshaking basses and ultraexpressive pads.
- HALion ONE expanded: Cubase Essential 5 Essential adds almost 240 premium instrument sounds for HALion ONE, including the entire HALion ONE Studio Set previously found in Cubase 5 and Cubase Studio 5 only.
- Autopan audio effect processor: This creative new VST3 effect is the ideal way of using the stereo field imaginatively in songs and compositions.
- MIDI loop support: Users can build their personal custom MIDI part library and access thousands of preproduced MIDI loops, including their unique and associated instrument sounds to fuel the artist’s creativity.
- MIDI effects reloaded: All MIDI effects in Cubase Essential 5 have a fully redesigned user interface and extended functionality. Cubase Essential 5 also includes three new effects: MIDI Monitor, Apache SX and the Context Gate.
- MIDI automation enhancements: Cubase Essential 5 interfaces CC data with the Cubase automation, bridging the gap between part based MIDI controller and trackbased automation data routed to the same target. Now it’s easy to use both systems side by side and handle layered controller/automation data in a consistent way.
- MediaBay optimizations: All aspects of MediaBay have been expanded and improved in Cubase Essential 5, including the visibility of existing media content, faster searching and browsing, and overall improved performance plus the introduction of the beat pattern file type for Beat Designer.
- Refined editing: Thanks to the new info line, the Sample Editor now allows even faster access to the most important parameters.
- Recording enhancements: Cubase Essential 5 features new handy tools like the Remaining Record Time Display and the Lock Record function.
- Virtual MIDI keyboard: Made for mobile musicians in mind, Cubase now allows using the computer keyboard or the mouse to play virtual instruments or edit MIDI notes.
- Low latency for all: Cubase Essential 5 takes full advantage of the latest audio driver technologies in Microsoft Windows Vista and supports generic and onboard sound hardware with lower latencies than ever before.