Steinberg WaveLab Elements 8 Mastering Software
For audio editing, mastering, restoration or podcast creation, the Steinberg WaveLab Elements 8 Mastering Software provides remarkable features at a great price! Based on the approved WaveLab mastering solution, the Elements 8 version highlights proven editing and analysis tools, a valuable selection of restoration and mastering plug-ins, a CD burning engine and much more. Steinberg makes it easy to master your music and so much more!
Steinberg WaveLab Elements 8 Mastering Software Features
Studio-grade Brickwall Limiter and Tube Compressor
- Complete audio editing and mastering software, tailored to hobby musicians, radio freelancers and home studio owners
- Studio-grade Brickwall Limiter and Tube Compressor to improve the quality of your recordings
- Enhanced editing workflow with volume clip handles and auto-replay option
- Transport panel for fast and easy navigation through the project
- Plug-in management and organization for simplified overview on all plug-ins used within the project
- High-resolution 16-bit float waveform zooming for ultra-fast and precise editing operations
- Audio Montage improvements, featuring the new master plug-in section and drag-and-drop support for files of any sample rate
- Metadata support for multiple formats
- Extended in-application help system to get started right away
- Over 50 improvements to user interface, CD burning, editing, recording and many others
WaveLab Elements 8 highlights two premium plug-ins to push your audio projects to perfection. First, Tube Compressor not only shapes the dynamics of your signals very precisely but also colors them with a beautifully warm and rich compression. Second, the Brickwall Limiter prevents your recordings from unwanted peaks and keeps the audio signal from passing the threshold — perfect for achieving the hottest signal without clipping the recording’s maximum level.
For WaveLab Elements 8 Steinberg focused on improving the overall user experience in order to make things faster and easier. Among the list of new features is the new auto-replay function, which automatically re-triggers the playback right after an edit has been made. And of course there are many other improvements such as a simplified envelope selection to speed up the editing process.
Single-window plug-in management and organization
- Various improvements in the area of editing
- Several trim and split options added
- Improved processing via key command
- New AutoReplay functions for faster playback of performed changes
- Track lock prevents from unwanted changes
- 25+ further editing enhancements
All your plug-ins in one central spot — WaveLab Elements 8 mastering software introduces a plug-in chain window that hosts all inserted track or master plug-ins in one easy-to-access area. Now you can switch between different plug-ins in next to no time. Also new in version 8 is the completely redesigned plug-in organization. The plug-in settings dialog allows you to group and sort plug-ins by vendor, category and favorites, making it easy to keep track on the ever growing number of plug-ins.
Steinberg has consolidated functions such as record, play, stop, loop, jog, shuttle, selections, markers or play-to and play-from in the new Transport Panel. This makes moving within your WaveLab Elements 8 project a whole lot faster. In addition, the Transport Panel features a status window that shows the time position, timecode, samples, bars and beats.
50+ further improvements
If that wasn't enough, Steinberg has added more than 50 improvements in different program areas. Besides an updated burning engine for providing reliable burning processes on the latest operation systems, WaveLab Elements 8 contains new recording options, enabling you to assign custom audio outputs for monitoring each recorded channel.
Plus, the recording dialog has a new Mix With Playback button for mixing the monitored audio signal with the playback signal. This way, it is now possible to toggle between the auditioning of the recorded signal and the playback signal. And it doesn’t stop here — there are even more enhancements waiting to be discovered.