SWR WorkingPro 400 Bass Guitar Amplifier Head
The SWR WorkingPro 400 head is a powerful, affordable amp, designed for real world stage gigging.
Bassists constantly demand more powerful reproduction of low frequencies. With that in mind, SWR has introduced the new WorkingPro series. Packed with new features and pro, time-tested SWR tone, the WorkingPro series is spearheaded by two new rackmount heads. The WorkingPro 700 delivers 700 watts at 4 ohms, while the WorkingPro 400 drives 400 watts at 4 Ohms. Both amplifiers feature 4-band active EQs, an Aural Enhancer tone-shaping circuit, a compressor/ limiter circuit with a defeat option, a pre/post XLR direct output, an effects loop, and dual Speakon and 1/4" speaker outputs.
The best new feature of the WorkingPro amps is the new Bass Intensifier circuit. The circuit allows the player to select a group of frequencies, starting at 20 Hz and ending at anywhere from 80 Hz to 800 Hz, and simultaneously boost and compress them to deliver the extra boom without requiring additional power.
The WorkingPro series also includes a new line of 4 bass cabinets in the most popular configurations- 4x10” (400w), 2x10” (200w), 1x10”(100w), and 1x15”(200w). All are rated at 8 Ohms and are equipped with custom SWR drivers, dual Speakon and 1/4" input and output jacks, and Le-Son TLX-1 tweeters with an attenuator control. They even have shock-mounted vibration-free grills, and a new black-and-chrome look so you look as good as you sound!
Get into the legendary professional SWR punch at the best price yet, give the WorkingPro series a try!
SWR’s Exclusive Bass Intensifier Circuit
- A brand new feature on the WorkingPro™ 700 and 400 amplifiers
- A bass boost/compression circuit that maximizes the onboard power of the amplifier
What does the Bass Intensifier do?
- It takes a player-selected group of bass and lower-midrange frequencies and “intensifies” them
- It provides extra “meat” and “punch” to the attack of every note played
- It makes a 400-watt amp sound like a 700 watt amp, and a 700-watt amp like a 1,000-watt amp
How does it work, and how do you set it?
- The circuit has two variable controls: Level and Cutoff
- The Cutoff control allows the user to select the highest frequency affected by the circuit, anywhere from 80 Hz to 200 Hz. The circuit will then “intensify” frequencies from 20 Hz up to that selected frequency.
- The Level control sets the amount of boost/compression for the group of frequencies selected by the Cutoff control
- The Bass Intensifier is footswitchable, and the footswitch comes standard with both WorkingPro heads.
- This is a HIGHLY ACTIVE control! The resulting bass boost can be very subtle, or very extreme, depending on the settings of both controls.
So how do you sum it all up?
- The Bass Intensifier literally intensifies the bass response of the amplifier without requiring extra power or subwoofers to do so.
- It provides extra tonal flexibility in the lower register, which you can use in spots or sections of songs, or all the time for a more intense low-end response!