Building upon the world-class reputation of the original Tannoy Reveal series, the Tannoy Reveal 601p represents the latest evolution of Tannoy’s high resolution passive reference monitor technology.
The Reveal 601p packs performance, accuracy and value into a compact enclosure.
Tannoy Reveal 601p Passive Studio Monitor Features
- Latest evolution of the original passive Reveal high definition reference monitor
- 6.5 inch (130mm) LF/MF driver and 1 inch (30mm) soft dome tweeter delivering wide frequency response of 63Hz – 30kHz
- Sculpted and rigid front baffle design to minimise diffraction
- Response has been optimised for quarter space near-field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface
- Front firing reflex bass port to negate boundary-coupling
- 50-100 watts RMS Recommended Amp Power
- Bass unit development using to minimise offsets and linearise the suspension components.
- Wideband tweeter design extending the amplitude response beyond 20kHz audibility to 30kHz to improve the phase response from within the audible band.
- + 1.5 / 0 / -1.5dB HF trim switch for custom room adjustment
- Binding post connection
Ahead of the Curve
The low distortion 6.5 inch LF/MF driver voicing has been enhanced to deliver a natural and accurate ultra-linear response in the low and midrange frequencies, while the wide bandwidth tweeter extends the amplitude response beyond the 20kHz audibility threshold to 30kHz to improve the phase response within the audible band. This preserves the harmonic structure of sounds and the stability of the stereo image, ensuring stunningly accurate mix translation. Response has been optimised for quarter space near field operation, such as on a meter bridge or on a table either side of your control surface, while HF trim control allows fine tuning.
Optimised Tweeter Design
In the pursuit of achieving a wide and even nearfield monitoring sweet spot, delivering accurate and highly controlled high frequencies is critical. The new Reveals feature a brand new tweeter design comprising of soft dome HF driver coupled to an elliptical waveguide that has been optimised to provide very controlled high frequency directivity and minimise diffraction, providing a wide and consistent listening field.
The rigid MDF cabinet construction provides stiffness and minimises colouration, while internal bracing of the sides and rear against the back of the bass driver provides a rigid reactive mass for the moving cone assembly; this ensures fast tight bass response and clear midrange. The curved edged design of the front baffle helps eliminate diffraction, while the front-firing bass port avoids the problem of exaggerated bass response as a result of boundary-coupling – a pitfall inherent with rear-firing designs when positioned close to a wall. The new elliptical tweeter waveguide has also been optimised to control high frequency directivity and minimise diffraction, ensuring a wide and even sweet spot.
Most studio monitors feature bass ports on the rear of their cabinet. This type of design leads to an inherent problem called bass-coupling whereby low frequencies are amplified when the monitors are located close to room boundaries, leading to coloured and inaccurate mix results. The new Reveals feature front-firing reflex bass ports however, to allow for ideal positioning even within small or confined studio spaces, while still providing defined bass performance.