The Tascam DP-008EX Digital Portastudio Multitrack Recorder provides an impressive feature set that is ideal for capturing ideas both on the go and at home! Record up to 8 mono tracks, two tracks simultaneous recording, of CD-quality (16-bit/44.1kHz) audio to an SD/SDHC card and transfer it to your DAW via USB for editing. Two built in mics as well as two XLR and 1/4 inch inputs allow you to record virtually anytime, anywhere with the Tascam DP-008EX!
Tascam DP-008EX Digital Portastudio Multitrack Recorder Features
Built-In High-Quality Stereo Condenser Microphones
- Eight mono tracks
- CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
- Two TS 1/4 in. or XLR mic/line inputs
- INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
- Phantom power supply
- Independent LEVEL/PAN/Reverb SEND knobs for each track
- Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
- 20mW/ch headphone output
- Footswitch ready with polarity switching (Notice: can't use RC-3F)
- 128x64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
- Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
- Insert effects for input channels (2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser)
- Mastering effects (2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize)
- Auto analysis mastering function
- 2-band shelving EQ for each track
- Reverb effects (Hall1/2,Room,Studio,Plate1/2)
- Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
- Can connect an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
- Track edit functions include Copy Paste, Copy Insert, Move Paste, Move Insert, Open, Cut, Silence, Clone Track, Clean Out
- Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
- UNDO/REDO(UNDO HISTORY) function
- Chromatic tuner and metronome included
- High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
- Backup and restore songs
- File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
- Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
- 2GB SD card included
The DP-008EX recorder is built with two condenser mics. Record vocals or acoustic guitar anytime without the need for extra equipment or set-up time. Tascam held many evaluation tests to secure the best sounding microphones and structures.
Record to SD/SDHC Card (up to 32GB), High-Speed Data Transfer via USB2.0
The Tascam DP-008EX recorder records to widely available SD/SDHC card media (2GB card included). In addition, it can connect to PCs via USB2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the unit at any point in the recording process. Files can be used in correspondence with DAWs.
Grab Your Ideal Sounds with Insert Effects for All Inputs
The DP-008EX recorder is designed with insert effects for all input channels. Insert effects include EQ, compressor, de-esser and exciter. For Vocal recording, you can use the EQ to boost your desired frequency range, and compress your tracks to normalize your song.
2-Band Shelving EQ for Each Track
Demo song needs the same high-quality as final masters. The Tascam DP-008EX has separately adjustable 2-band EQ for each track. Hi-range EQ can be adjusted from 1.7kHz to 18kHz, Low-range EQ can be adjusted from 32Hz to 1.6kHz.
Ideal for Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, etc. Utilize the DP-008EX's Built-In Effects
The Tascam DP-008EX has six different types of reverb to help tailor your ideal sounding vocals to any style song. Easily set your reverb with dedicated control knobs for each track. Reverb effects include: Hall1/2, Room, Studio, Plate1/2. Reverb time and master level can both be adjusted.
Eliminate the Need for Any Other Products with Built-In Mastering Effects
The DP-008EX digital recorder's built-in mastering effects will provide high-quality master-like file creation. The mastering effects include 2-band EQ, Multi-band compressor and Normalize effect. Finalize dynamic and powerful sounding songs by utilizing the DP-008EX's mastering effects.
The Auto Analysis Mastering Function Allows Easy Track Mastering
Anyone using the Tascam DP-008EX can easily master tracks with the Auto Analysis Mastering tool. In one step, select a mastering style, NATURAL or MAXIMUM, then the DP-008EX will make the calculation based on analysis of the song data.