The Tascam DP02CF combines 8-track CD-quality recording with a Portastudio interface designed for musicians who want to record quickly and have fun.
A matched pair of Tascam mic preamps features XLR inputs with phantom power for condenser mics and a guitar in for direct recording. Each channel gives you dedicated controls for instant access to fader level, record arm/track mute, pan, effect send, high and low EQ. There's also an EQ frequency button for finer control over the mix.
The DP02CF records two channels at a time to an included 1GB compact flash card – with enough space for a dozen songs or more. When you're satisfied with your production, arm the dedicated master track for your stereo mixdown. You can transfer your tracks and mixes or backup your song to a computer through a speedy USB 2.0 connection for MP3 encoding or CD burning from your Mac or PC. No other workstation makes recording so simple, affordable and fun as the Tascam DP02CF.
Tascam DP02 Features:
- Two XLR mic/line inputs with phantom power for condenser microphones
- Eight-track recording at uncompressed 44.1k/16-bit audio quality
- Portastudio-based interface with volume fader, pan, effect send, high and low EQ controls per channel
- EQ frequency button to access high and low EQ shelf frequencies
- USB 2.0 interface for transferring tracks, mixes and backup files to a computer
- Dedicated stereo master track for mixdown
- Internal metronome and bar/beat display for song position
- Headphone output
- Stereo line outputs on RCA analog and S/PDIF optical digital connectors
- 1GB Compact Flash card included with enough room for a dozen songs or more