Tascam iXJ2 Mic/Line Preamp for iOS Devices
The Tascam iXJ2 Mic/Line Preamp for iOS Devices allows an Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPad or iPod Touch 4G to be used with your external microphones or line level sources (instruments) to create CD-quality audio recordings. Simply plug the iXJ2 into the dock connector of the iOS device and then connect up to two mono or stereo sources that can be selected via a switch. Switchable plug-in power for small mics and mono summing for news gathering are also available.
Tascam iXJ2 Mic/Line Preamp for iOS Devices Features
- Use your favourite microphones or line level (instrument) sources to create high-grade stereo audio recordings with an Apple iPhone 4/4S, iPad or iPod Touch 4G
- Internal A/D converter allow recordings in CD quality (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Two unbalanced stereo input connectors (accept two mono or stereo sources)
- Input selection switch (A/B/STEREO)
- Switchable plug-in power
- Selectable mono summing for news gathering
- Limiter to avoid distorted recordings (selectable to either mono or stereo operation)
- Separate input level rotary controls for channels L and R
- Separate input level indicators for channels L and R (green/red)
- Power supply via dock connector, no battery required
- USB connector available for recharging the iOS device
- Easy setup (attaches to the device’s dock connector)
- Tascam 2-track recording app can be downloaded from the Apple AppStore at no charge
The built-in A/D converter ensures high audio quality and low noise. Separate input level controls and two-colour level indicators for the left and right channels make level adjustments easy, and a switchable limiter can reduce sudden peaks and thus protect against unforeseen overload.
The Tascam iXJ2 is powered through the dock connector, so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge the iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or a USB charger. An appropriate 2-track recording application (Tascam PCM Recorder) for iOS devices can be downloaded from AppStore at no charge.