Tascam SSR1 Compact Flash Stereo Digital Recorder
The Tascam SS-R1 Audio Recorder is the first in a series of next generation source devices that use solid state technology to capture a project.
Recording to readily available compact flash card memory the SS-R1 supports WAV and MP3 (44.1 and 48kHz) recording and playback, to and from memory.
Traditional source device features include pitch and key control, auto-cue and auto-ready, instant start, sync record, auto track increment, and manual track increment. Rear panel balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs, plus SPDIF are provided in addition to RS-232 and Parallel control.
Tascam SS-R1 Features and Specifications
- Solid state recoding to Compact Flash media
- One-rack-space compact design
- Records in WAVE or MP3 format to CF Card
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line input and output
- S/PDIF coaxial digital in and out with sample rate converter
- Power on play
- Auto track increment (level or time)
- PS/2 keyboard input for folder/file naming and remote control
- RS-232C serial control
- DB-25 parallel control port
The SS-R1 is TASCAM's affordable single-rack-space Compact Flash recorder for the installation market. Designed for applications that previously used a cassette or MiniDisc recorder, the SS-R1 records in WAVE or MP3 formats to Compact Flash media. The recorder includes balanced and unbalanced audio inputs and outputs, RS-232 and parallel control and a wired remote control.
Also available is the SS-CDR1, which adds a slot-loading CD recorder for additional recording and audio transfer functions.