The Taylor 214CE Cutaway Acoustic Electric Guitar features Taylor’s most popular and versatile body shape, the mid-size Grand Auditorium shape. While the bigger Dreadnought was traditionally considered a flatpicker’s guitar and the smaller Grand Concert catered to fingerstylists, the GA shape of the 214CE was designed to deliver on both fronts.
Taylor 214CE Cutaway Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Grand Auditorium body shape which works well for strumming and fingerstyle
- Solid Sitka Spruce top and Rosewood or Maple back and sides for a very balanced tone
- ES-T electronics for fantastic tone when plugged in
- Phase switch located in the soundhole for feedback control
- Custom voiced EQ and dynamic response
- Includes gig bag
With a solid Sitka Spruce top, the Taylor 214CE provides a balanced tone with a clear response and a nice top end. Choose between Rosewood back and sides for a deep bass response or Maple back and sides for more emphasis on the highs. An ES-T electronic system makes the 214CE sound just as good when plugged in!
The ES-T is a single-source, under-saddle transducer with individual elements for each string. It features an onboard preamp and the same active controls found on the full ES. Featuring a custom-voiced EQ and dynamic response, the system is powered by a 9-volt battery, with a battery life LED power indicator (which is lit when the battery is being used). The pickup also has a Phase switch for feedback control, which is located on the preamp board inside the soundhole.