The Taylor 714CE-N Classical Acoustic Electric Guitar
features a Grand Auditorium shaped body with an Engelmann Spruce top and Indian Rosewood back and sides for a clear, textured tone that is perfect for nylon strings! Engelmann Spruce yields a slightly more aged tone than Sitka and accommodates fairly aggressive playing.
Taylor 714CE-N Classical Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Grand Auditorium body shape gives great projection for nylon strings
- Engelmann Spruce top and Indian Rosewood back and sides for a clear, textured tone
- ES-N electronics are customized for nylon string guitars
- Ebony fingerboard with Heritage Diamond inlays
- Tropical Mahogany neck with a very comfortable feel
Taylor’s most popular and versatile body shape, the mid-size Grand Auditorium arrived is features on the 714CE-N classical acoustic electric guitar. The refined proportions fall between a Dreadnought and Grand Concert. While the bigger Dreadnought was traditionally considered a flatpicker’s guitar and the smaller Grand Concert catered to fingerstylists, the GA was designed to deliver on both fronts.
Like the ES-T, The ES-N features on the Taylor 714CE-N nylon string guitar is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon-string voice. Taylor’s standard ES control knobs enable plenty of tone-shaping and preserve the natural design aesthetic.