Taylor K26CE Koa Grand Symphony Acoustic Electric with Case
The Taylor K26CE Grand Symphony Acoustic Electric Guitar is a stunning instrument both visually and sonically. The Hawaiian koa construction of the K26CE has a captivating beauty matched by a tone that blossoms over time, especially in the midrange. Its voice is bright and focused, with warm overtones that slowly emerge, adding sweetness and depth. The Taylor K26CE has premium all-wood appointments, led by the Tropical Vine fingerboard inlay.
Taylor K26CE Grand Symphony Acoustic Electric Guitar Features
- Hawaiian Koa body construction for a bright tone with good mids, great for fingerstylists
- Grand Symphony body shape provides a dynamic playing experience with great projection
- Beautiful Tropical Vine fingerboard inlay
- Mahogany neck with Ebony fingerboard
- Indian Rosewood binding for a very elegant look
A tropical hardwood, koa's tone blends the midrange of mahogany with the top end of maple. Due to its density, a new koa guitar tends to start out sounding a little bright and tight, somewhat like maple. But the more a koa guitar is played, the more the sound opens up, expanding the midrange and rewarding the player with a richer, sweeter, more resonant tone. A common mistake is when a bright player buys a koa guitar in part for its visual beauty, finds it to be too bright, and doesn't play it enough to allow the wood to warm up.