The TC Electronic BG250 Bass Guitar Combo Amplifier is a lightweight, 1x15 inch bass combo that is the first amp in history with the power to choose and replace on-board effects time and time again. The BG250 offers 250 watts of raw power, delivered through TC Electronic’s cutting-edge, lightweight Class D amp technology that helps bring the weight down to a portable 35 lbs., making it one of the lightest yet loudest combo amps in its class!
TC Electronic BG250 Bass Guitar Combo Amplifier Features
- TonePrint gives the power to choose effects and artist using your smart phone and sending it through your bass pickups to the amp
- 250 watts of pure bass power
- Built-in Bass Tuner
- TubeDrive – Tube Pre- and Power Amp emulation
- World-famous TC Bass Chorus pre-loaded
- Bass contoured Tone Controls
- Rehearsal input – playback in speaker or headphones
- Balanced out – seamless recording or PA output
- High power Headphone output – for silent rehearsal
- Footswitch control of TubeTone, Tuner and TonePrint (optional)
- 15 inch custom TC driver, custom TC Tweeter
TonePrint in an amp is a first for TC Electronic's BG250 bass combo. In short, you can load six different types of effects - chorus, flanger, vibrato, drive, compression and octave - or you can even load artist created Bass TonePrints that are made by some of the best bass players on the face of the planet! Just pick and choose.
You can load these effect types and Bass TonePrints by USB or beam them directly from your smartphone through the pickups of your bass to the amp.
The revolutionary TonePrint offers signature effects tones created by an ever-expanding list of the world’s finest bass players such as Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Fourplay, Toto), Charles Cave (White Lies), Michael Shuman (Queens of the Stoneage), Gail Ann Dorsey (Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Seal), Mark King (Level 42), Roscoe Beck (Leonard Cohen, Robben Ford) and many more – all free of charge. In other words, this loud, light and open-design amp will surpass everything that you have come to expect from a bass combo!
The preamp of the TC Electronic BG250 bass amp gives you an ultra-fast, integrated 5-string bass tuner, TubeDrive and intelligently contoured Bass Tone controls that create anything from crispy, modern slap tones over grungy, cranked-tube-like tones for classic rock to tight and funky Jaco tones with ease.
Further, an Auxiliary input and headphone output cater for any playback and rehearsal situation, while a balanced XLR output makes recording and live performance with the TC Electronic BG250 bass amp a breeze, all of which is underpinned by the cornerstone of great bass amps: superb tone.