Sleek, compact, and simply awesome! the gunmetal-finish Fly Rig 5 is a tiny tonal titan, a thoroughbred professional unit armed with sweet analog tones. The Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 offers five must have pedals in Tech 21’s award-winning arsenal: a genuine SansAmp, a reverb, a delay, a powerful boost and the incredible Plexi distortion. All of this in a streamlined, rugged metal housing that will easily fit in your guitar case.
Weighing in at just over 18 oz. and under 12 inches in length, you can rule the road, rehearsal or recording gig. There are illuminated mini-controls to show active status, an included power supply and studio-grade, metal footswitches and jacks. It’s everything you need and nothing you don’t!
Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 Multi Effects Guitar Pedal Features
- SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones
- 3-band active EQ, Level, and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive
- Reverb, within the SansAmp section, emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb
- Plexi, based upon the Hot-Rod Plexi pedal and includes Level, Tone and Drive controls
- Hot, within the Plexi section, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures
- Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo
- All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel
- All metal housing in gunmetal finish
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
At its heart is the omnipotent, all-analog SansAmp - a groundbreaking amp emulator, speaker and mic simulator-that will dial-in your favorite sounds for consistent tone every time. This version has been optimized for lush, chiming clean tones and has a Drive control to add just the right amount of gain from warm break-up to snarling grind, with an incredibly flexible 3-band EQ. The adjustable Reverb is also found in this section, voiced to create the rich ambiance of a vintage spring reverb.
The roaring Plexi tone is the stuff of legend, with its muscular crunch, detailed mids and mule-kick low end. Providing the dirty side of the Fly Rig, the Plexi section produces exquisite, rippedab rock tones that can be kicked into Hot mode with up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. The Hot footswitch operates independently to boost any of the Fly Rig sections whenever you feel the urge to punch it up.
An inspiring delay section completes the Fly Rig 5. Voiced to emulate vintage tape echo, the DLA features a separate taptempo footswitch and adjustable tape drift-style modulation for authentic textures. From thickening slap-backs to deep cascading repeats, the DLA adds space and attitude.