Tech 21 MIDI Mouse Foot Controller
The MIDI Mouse is easy to use and it doesn't cost a fortune. There's no programming, you just scroll to the program you want. A cool Search function lets you scroll between presets without sending a MIDI program change message until you're ready. You can switch from program #8 to #43 without send all the program changes in between. A very handy MIDI tool.
MIDI Mouse is a compact,
portable and exceptionally user friendly MIDI footcontroller. While it can be powered by a standard 9V adaptor, it is also operable with a 9V battery as well as phantom power operable via MIDI cable.
The simplicity of its design offers the MIDI-masterful and the MIDI-mindless access to 128 patches on any of the 16 selectable MIDI channels.
The MIDI Mouse's stomp-box format features 3 footswitches with smooth-action custom actuators. The Active/Search footswitch alternates between two modes. In Active mode, the 3-digit numerical display remains lit, while the Up and Down footswitches change the patches one at a time to instantly send the information through the MIDI Out port. In Search mode, the numerical display blinks. Using the Up or Down footswitches, you can speed-scroll forward or backward to a desired location without sending any patch change information. Depressing the Active/Search footswitch re-engages the Active mode and instantly sends the new MIDI program number through the MIDI Out port.
There are a few more details in what is probably the world's smallest owner's manual for a MIDI product, but the main points to consider are:
- Small- Measures in at just 3-1/2 inches x 4-1/2 inches. Fits into any gig bag. Needs no special carrying case. Takes up very little space on stage. Easily sits on a console in a studio, so you can make remote program changes from the board with your finger.
- Battery Operable - It's the only MIDI foot controller available that's battery operable. Needs no extra wires. Takes no time to set up; just plug in and go.
- Simple - It's player-friendly in a familiar stomp box format. Most foot controllers are harder to program than the processors they're designed to control.
- Heavy Duty- Sturdy, cast aluminum box; high quality switches.
- No Dancing - There are no banks to change. You scroll to program locations, either one at a time, or you can speed-scroll. To go from Program 19 to Program 20, step on the UP footswitch. Once. From Program 20 to Program 19, step on the DOWN footswitch. Once.
- Improvisation - Its size and affordability makes it uniquely practical to have two, so you can control two processors independently on the fly.
TECH 21 - GREAT TONE. BUILT RIGHT.
In 1989, after ten years exhaustive research and development with world-class guitar amplifiers, a tired but victorious B. Andrew Barta launched his unique SansAmp. This revolutionary pedal-sized tube amplifier emulator enables musicians to dial in monster tones and patch them directly to a studio mixer or stage PA. Its discrete 100% analog circuitry uses a hyper-realistic tone structure that includes mic and speaker simulation with pre and power amp distortion characteristics. Finally, it was possible to get stunning, consistent tones without brutalizing amps, heaving speaker cabs or futzing with microphones to find that elusive sweet spot.
Instead, the SansAmp delivered all of its mammoth sounds from a pocket-sized pedal.
A decade and a half later, the SansAmp technology has developed into an impressive line of products to cover every application. Each product is still hand-built in the USA using the best possible materials and exclusive components, such as our smooth custom actuators which are licensed to other major manufacturers. Tech 21’s range of products are developed with a critical ear for tonal perfection and an open ear to our customers’ needs.
The sample settings for SansAmp models and guitar and bass amplifiers include such classics as Marshall, Fender, Mesa/Boogie, SVT, and artists like Santana, Metallica, Van Halen and Hendrix. These settings are also a starting point for you to find your own individual tone and style using Tech 21's original products.
Check out the massive Tech 21 Hall of Fame
to see which artists have discovered Tech 21.
Welcome to the exceptional sound of Tech 21. Listen Up