Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI Pedal
The Tech 21 SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver DI is a 3-channel, programmable, rig-in-a-box built for bassists who can’t get enough of a great thing.
Like the incredible Tech 21 TRI-A.C. for guitar, you get 3 hot tones right at your toetips. The all-analog circuitry features the same controls as its single channel predecessor: Drive, Bass, Treble, Presence, Blend and Level. Digital only in its programmability, you just tweak the knobs until you find a tone, double-tap on a footswitch, and it’s saved in that channel. It’s that simple. Three of your faves - to go! Powered with 9V battery, optional Tech 21 DC2 power supply, or phantom power.
SansAmp Bass Driver DI Programmable Features
- Build your Bass Driver DI into a live rig with a Bass Power Engine 60, and run through the PA for extra power.
- Boldly go live with just your Bass Driver DI straight into the PA.
- Bounce into any studio with a Programmable Bass Driver DI and plug directly into the board.
- While larger than our other SansAmp pedals, the Programmable Bass Driver DI still fits into a gig bag. Actual size is 7.25 inches L x 5 inches W x 2 inches H.
- Even with its roadworthy all-metal construction, each unit weighs in at a mere 25oz.
- Operable with a 9V alkaline battery or optional Tech 21 DC2 power supply, and it is also phantom powerable.
TECH 21 - GREAT TONE. BUILT RIGHT.
In 1989, after ten years exhaustive research and development with world-class guitar amplifiers, a tired but victorious B. Andrew Barta launched his unique SansAmp. This revolutionary pedal-sized tube amplifier emulator enables musicians to dial in monster tones and patch them directly to a studio mixer or stage PA. Its discrete 100% analog circuitry uses a hyper-realistic tone structure that includes mic and speaker simulation with pre and power amp distortion characteristics. Finally, it was possible to get stunning, consistent tones without brutalizing amps, heaving speaker cabs or futzing with microphones to find that elusive sweet spot.
Instead, the SansAmp delivered all of its mammoth sounds from a pocket-sized pedal.
A decade and a half later, the SansAmp technology has developed into an impressive line of products to cover every application. Each product is still hand-built in the USA using the best possible materials and exclusive components, such as our smooth custom actuators which are licensed to other major manufacturers. Tech 21’s range of products are developed with a critical ear for tonal perfection and an open ear to our customers’ needs.
The sample settings for SansAmp models and guitar and bass amplifiers include such classics as Marshall, Fender, Mesa/Boogie, SVT, and artists like Santana, Metallica, Van Halen and Hendrix. These settings are also a starting point for you to find your own individual tone and style using Tech 21's original products.
Check out the massive Tech 21 Hall of Fame
to see which artists have discovered Tech 21.
Welcome to the exceptional sound of Tech 21. Listen Up.