The T Rex Moller is a classic overdrive pedal that provides a wealth of dynamic overdriven tones with superb tonal control, as well as separate transparent 0-20 db adjustable and switchable clean boost, and a unique overdrive/clean mix option.
The mix knob lets you dial in the perfect balance between distorted and non-distorted signal. Rolled all the way up and with distortion maxed too, the pedal sounds just like an old tube amp on full volume.
Roll the mix knob back a bit, and your clean signal starts to get through, meaning that if you pick lightly, or roll back the volume on your guitar, you get a stunning clean/softly clipping sound that retains all the feel and dynamics of your original tone, only bigger, louder and richer.
The boost function lets you dial in a solo level, whether the overdrive circuit is activated or not.
- Tone: Adjusts the flavour of overdrive
- Gain: Controls the amount of overdrive. This pedal has lots of body, even with Gain turned down.
- Mix: Blends distorted (wet) and non-distorted (dry) signal
- Boost: Determins the amount of boost, from 1 - 20 db
- Level: Adjusts the output volume
- Voice: This pedal is tuned to fit all types of pickups, from Humbucker to single coil. Hit the Voice button and hear the difference.
The Moller was developed in 2003 for a well known danish guitarist called Knud Moller. He plays guitar for Johnny Madsen and has also made solo albums.
He needed a good tube screamer with a clean boost. So T Rex made him that pedal based on the Alberta.
Other danish players heard and saw the pedal, and they also asked for one. So, demand increased. T Rex decided to improve the pedal and produce it. In the proces they named the pedal Moller after Knud Moller.