The Universal Audio 1176LN limiting amplifier sets the standard for all limiters to follow. Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN is the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound.
Universal Audio 1176LN Features
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- Ultra fast attack time – 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible - and much simpler - to modernize and improve
the 1176LN, every effort was made to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit until it meets our uncompromising standards. This Universal Audio Classic version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound. Demand the original. Accept no copies.