Featuring DUO processiong, the Apollo Duo Thunderbolt enables you to create music with that classic analog sound.
Apollo is one of the world’s most popular professional audio interfaces which delivers the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording to music creators everywhere. This 18 x 24 Thunderbolt/Firewire* interface combines genuine UA analog design with class-leading sound quality, onboard Realtime UAD Processing, and groundbreaking Unison™ technology. So you can track audio through a range of UAD analog emulation plug-ins, from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more**, in real time, with a sleek, elegant workflow on both Mac and Windows 7.
With smart features including four ultra-transparent mic preamps, eight line inputs/ouputs, dual headphone outs, and front panel instrument inputs, Apollo has all the right tools, all in the right place.
Universal Audio Apollo Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt/Firewire audio interface for Mac and Windows 7***
- Realtime UAD Processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins
- Thunderbolt 2 Option Card included for blazing-fast PCIe audio speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- Unison™ technology provides stunning models of classic mic preamps
- Four premium mic preamps, top-end converters, and uncompromising analog design
- 8 analog inputs: 4 digitally controlled analog mic preamps; 8 balanced line inputs; 2 front-panel JFET DIs
- 14 analog outputs: 8 balanced line outs; 2 digitally-controlled analog monitor outs; 2 dedicated stereo headphone outs
- 10 channels of digital I/O: 8 channels of ADAT; 2 channels S/PDIF; Wordclock I/O
- Multi-Unit Cascading allows combining two Apollos for 16 analog inputs/outputs and 12 digital inputs/outputs
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle, featuring the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Softube Amp Room Essentials, and Legacy versions of the Fairchild 670 Compressor, Teletronix LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, Pultec Pro EQ plug-ins, and more
Designed to play a central role in a modern Mac- or Windows 7-based studio, Apollo incorporates an uncompromising approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sound, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo’s four premium mic preamps, top-end converters — and UA’s meticulous attention to circuit design — translate into greater accuracy and depth in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering. In fact, its sound quality is on par with dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
While Apollo’s “natural” sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with DUO processing onboard, Apollo’s DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins — with as low as sub-2ms latency — so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and “print” audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.** Better still, Apollo's UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can use UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) throughout the creative process.
Thunderbolt 2™: The Next Generation of Connectivity
Apollo is compatible with Intel’s high-bandwidth Thunderbolt technology on Macs. Available via the included dual-port Thunderbolt 2 Option Card, Thunderbolt provides for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs. Because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows music producers to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and 4k resolution displays — all with fast, flawless performance. Thunderbolt also makes it easy to expand UAD plug-in processing power via a Thunderbolt-to-PCIe chassis with UAD-2 DSP Accelerator card(s).
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin’s Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps — including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, with more emulations available at the UA Online Store.
Deeper Integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, and More
Apollo’s Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, and more. The included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS, AAX 64) provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within your DAW sessions, even months and years later. “PT Mode” allows easier insertion of external hardware in Pro Tools, and the Virtual I/O feature allows Realtime UAD Processing of DAW tracks and virtual instruments.
Elegant Hardware Design and Workflow
One key feature of Apollo isn’t really a “feature” at all. It’s the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow — and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass. Apollo's Monitor outputs are digitally controlled analog, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain.
* Thunderbolt 2 option is Mac-only. Thunderbolt connectivity will disable Firewire ports — they cannot be used simultaneously.
** All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.
*** Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter.