Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow in a desktop recording design! With the same impeccable 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio's acclaimed Apollo series plus onboard Realtime UAD DUO Processing, the Apollo Twin Duo 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac is an incredible piece. Record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more, putting racks of vintage EQs, compressors, mic preamps, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps at your fingertips.
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin’s Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps including their impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, with more emulations coming soon.
Apollo Twin's smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. Onboard UAD DUO Processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live and more.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Interface Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD-2 DUO Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- New Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes ‘Realtime Analog Classics’ UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Available with either UAD-2 DUO DSP Processing onboard
- Requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately