Universal Audio designed the Apollo Twin to deliver legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow to music creators everywhere. This 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac combines the same 24/192 kHz audio conversion of UA's acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD SOLO Processing. Record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, API and more, providing racks of vintage EQs, compressors, mic preamps, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps.
Apollo Twin Solo’s Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps, including their impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on hardware-software integration between Apollo’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, with more emulations coming soon.
Apollo Twin's smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. Onboard UAD SOLO Processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live and more.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin Solo Interface Features
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD-2 SOLO Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Ergonomic desktop design, aluminum construction, and headphone and instrument connections
- Thunderbolt connection for blazing-fast PCIe speed and rock-solid performance on modern Macs
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes ‘Realtime Analog Classics’ UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Audio Units, VST, RTAS & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Requires Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or 10.9 Mavericks
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately