The powerful Universal Audio UAD2 Satellite QUAD puts the world's finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of Firewire 800 and 400-equipped computers, including select iMacs and MacBook Pros. In developing UAD2 plug-ins, Universal Audio's DSP engineers work with leading hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to give your mixes all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings. Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD2 Satellite QUAD allows you to run large, complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
Universal Audio UAD2 Satellite QUAD Core and Custom Features
Includes Analog Classics Bundle!
- Professional quad-processor external FireWire 800 DSP Accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based Macs or select Windows 7 PCs
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Ideal for professional users running larger projects w/ higher plug-in instances and/or higher sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes Analog Classics plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Custom software bundle lets users “pick any 3” UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration
Analog Classics is a software bundle UAD is including in ALL of their UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards. It is a collection of several of their best-selling and most-popular plug-ins to date — titles that truly capture UA’s Heritage, exemplify the quality of analog hardware emulations, and bring classic analog sound to the digital domain.
The Analog Classics Software Bundle Features:
- LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler — This plug-in is the world's most accurate emulation of our revered, electro-optical, analog compressor.
- 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier — This plug-in is the world's most accurate emulation of UA’s legendary, FET-based, hardware classic.
- 1176SE Limiting Amplifier — A DSP-optimized version of the 1176LN, yielding higher instance counts and its own unique characteristics.
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ — Another spot-on emulation of classic analog gear. Pultec EQs have been studio staples for decades and this plug-in proves equally indispensible.
- RealVerb Pro Room Modeler — The RealVerb Pro has often been hailed repeatedly as the most flexible and natural sounding reverb plug-in in the industry.
In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth of classic analog equipment.
Powered by four SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD easily connects to Intel-based Macs or Windows 7 PCs via FireWire 800, letting you run large complex mixes without taxing your host computer. Additionally, you can connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple’s Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter.
With support for VST, Audio Units, RTAS, and full 64-bit operation, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Custom is easy to use. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 port, power up and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.